General questions concerning Tables / Text fields

Hello,

it's me once again.

Two more questions that need to be answered:

1. Is it possible to fill word text field in a template using mail merge / documentbuilder ? The text field should resize.

I think this is not possible.

Is it possible to programmatically place a text field with dynamic text and according dynamic size to a document ?

2. I need to implement a dynamic table in the document.

Is it possible to define the left margin of the table created by ASPOSE.Words ?

I need to place the table 2.5 cm from the left margin of the document.

But I can not find any setting oder possibility to place the table using a left margin property or anything else.

The table is closer to the margin than the text.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Regards,

Manuela

Answering the second question:

To set the left margin for a table built with DocumentBuilder use DocumentBuilder.RowFormat.LeftIndent property. It sets margin size in points.

1 point = 1/72 inch. So to set 2.5 cm margin you need to use LeftIndent value of 71 points.

Concerning the first question - please specify - are you asking about FormField textbox or Autoshape textbox?

The ability to insert textbox shape dynamically and set its Autoresize property will be added in the future version of Aspose.Words. Right now it is not possible.

To achieve what you want with the current version of Aspose.Words you can use the template document with textbox containing merge field and textbox autoresize property set to true.