Generate PDF @ Run time

HI,

I have a requriment in my project. PFB my requriment.

Current Scenario:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We are using the following components for PDF creation, generation and merging -

- Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7: to create the PDF templates

- FDFACXLib COM component: For populating data into the PDF templates at runtime

- PDFTK COM component: For merging 2 or more PDF templates (with data) into a single PDF at runtime

Detailed requirements:

1. Need to evaluate if and how we can convert existing PDF templates (created in earlier versions of Adobe) into the latest versions (created by Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8).
  2. Need to identify the mechanism to be used to populate PDF templates with data at runtime using .NET.
  3. Need to identify the mechanism by which multiple PDF templates (with data populated in them) can be merged to create a single PDF. This can be done using the existing PDFTK component or any other component available in Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8. We need to evaluate which is to be used.
  4. Need to identify the mechanism by which we can generate an ASPX report as a PDF at server-side.

Can you please help me in Achieving above mentioned requirements.

Thanks,

Radhakrishnan.

Hi Radhakrishnan,

From your query I can see that you're not using any of the Aspose components. I'm afraid, we can't help you with that. However, Aspose provides two components Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit, which can be used to create, edit, populate, and merge pdf files with great ease. If you're using any of these I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Regards,

Hello Radhakrishnan,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Adding more to Shahzad’s comments, let me explain the difference between Aspose.Pdf & Aspose.Pdf.Kit

Aspose.Pdf is a component which is used to create a Pdf file from scratch. You can also use it to generate the Pdf form file. For more information on how to generate the Pdf form using Aspose.Pdf, please visit. I would also recommend you to visit the following link to get Product Overview.

Aspose.Pdf.Kit is a component which is used to manipulate/edit existing Pdf files. It also offers you the capability to fill the Pdf forms. You can use product API, XML, FDF and XFDF to fill in the Pdf forms. For more related information please visit Fill PDF Form and Form Fields. I would also recommend you to visit the following link to have a Product Overview.

For more clear understanding of difference between two products, please visit [Aspose.Pdf vs Aspose.Pdf.Kit](http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net-and-java/aspose-pdf-vs-aspose-pdf-kit.aspx)

Regarding your queries,

1 - I am afraid currently our product does not provide the feature to convert Old Pdf template to Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.
2- For information on how to populate data into Pdf form at runtime, please visit Fill PDF Form and Form Fields. Aspose.Pdf.Kit also offers the capability to use database to fill in the Pdf form fields. For more related information and code snippet, please visit Aspose.Total Product Family
3- PdfFileEditor class has a method named ConcatenateForms which can be used to merge multiple Pdf forms into a single Pdf document.
4- Can you please elaborate this requirement, as currently I am not sure what kind of report you need to generate over Server side, and what could be the input for report.

FYI: we have a component named Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services which is a robust .NET solution which allows you to produce PDF reports in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005 Reporting Services. For more related information, please visit [Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services](http://www.aspose.com/categories/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.pdf-for-reporting-services/default.aspx).

If it does not satisfy your requirement, please feel free to contact.