Generating Large Excel File OutOfMemoryException

I’m trying to generate a large excel file that will probably be over 100MBs when done that contains lots of images. I have tried LightCells, Microsoft.IO, SaveOptions with set CachedFileFolder, and many other ways to get around the OutOfMemoryException with no luck. I have plenty of RAM to use but Aspose is throwing the error on save any time a file is around 100 MBs. I have over 7 GB of available RAM so it should be plenty. Any help would be appreciated.

@Chad.Eskew,

Thanks for your query.

Generally Aspose.Cells would require 10 times or more memory of the size of the file for the process, it is not constant or final though as it also depends upon your contents (data, formulas, large binary objects, charts, shapes, etc.) used in the spreadsheet. Also, memory consumption is also relevant what functions you used in code, e.g auto-fit rows or columns operation would surely consume more memory for the big process. Moreover, if in case, you are able to save such a huge file, MS Excel might take certain amount of time to open into it. Anyways, could you create a simple sample console application (runnable) to show the issue, we will check it soon.

I updated my project to x64 and this seems to be working now. I’ll update this thread if the issue persists.

@Chad.Eskew,

Thank you for the feedback and feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.