Get coordinates and dimensions of a desired string or characters

Hi,

I use SaasPose to convert MS Word documents into PDF.

I would like to achieve the following:
1. On my converted document Sample.pdf, I have a string “Sireesha” repeated in different parts of the PDF document on different pages.
2. I would like to get the x,y, height, and width of a specific set of characters in a PDF.

Is this possible with any API calls?

Hi Sireesha,

Thanks
for using our API’s.<o:p></o:p>

I am afraid the requested feature is currently not supported. However for the sake of correction, I have logged this requirement as SAASPDF-117 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you Nayyer.

However, is there a hack around this? Surely, if the search and replace works from Replace Multiple Texts API, it should be probably work similar way to get the coordinates based on Search.

Is there an ETA for this? I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you,
Sireesha

Hi Sireesha,

Aspose.Pdf for Cloud is developed on top of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and this API supports the feature to search and get coordinates of TextFragments but I am afraid this functionality is not yet ported to Aspose.Pdf for Cloud. As I have logged the request in our issue tracking system, the development team will investigate and schedule the resolution of this requirement. I am afraid unless the development team has investigated/analyzed the requirement in details, we cannot confirm any ETA.

As soon as we have made some definite progress towards the implementation of this feature, we would be more than happy to update you within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.