Get Coordinates (top and left) of the text in entire word document including headers and footers using VB.NET

Hello,
I had previously raised a ticket where I required the coordinates of particular text where strings consist of <<>>, for ex. SIGNM01.
The code provided by you worked for me, but I came across a scenerio it was failing in footers as GetEntity method does not support footers, headers, etc.
You provided a alternative to that which with some modifications to the code by us were able to get the required coordinates.
But we have a scenario where the text consisting of <<>> is located in a text box in footer section of the document, and the code provided by you is skipping the entire text box in the footer section.

Could you provide us a solution in which we will be able to get the coordinates of the text within <<>> throughout the entire document including headers, footers as well.

I’m attaching the sample document and the code that we have implemented in fetching the required coordinates.

Also the link for earlier topic that I had created - How to Get Coordinates (top and left) of Text in Word Document using .NET

Thanks.

Code_Screenshot.png (71.7 KB)
vaprop-UNIT_01-VA Deal 27_04_21-VA_Footer_Test (2).docx (22.1 KB)

@hemant_thote

The textbox is inside document’s body. The footer of document do not have the textbox. Please make sure that you have attached the correct document.

Hi, I’m re-attaching the document with textbox in the footer. Also adding screenshot of the document as well.
TextboxFooterDocument.png (146.1 KB)
vaprop-UNIT_01-VA Deal 27_04_21-VA_Footer_Test (2).docx (22.1 KB)

@hemant_thote

We have tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-22250. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@hemant_thote

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-22250) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please note that content of headers/footers cannot be enumerated. This is because layout model may have multiple representations of a single header/footer in the document model. This is by design.