Get Excel chart as image (in Java)

Hi,

I just downloaded the evaluation version of Aspose.Cells for Java. I am interested in reading Excel spreadsheets in Java, not creating ones. I browsed the documentation, but I can't see a method for reading (exporting) Charts as images, for example png. Did I miss something or simply it is not possible?

Regards,

Plamen

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Cells for .NET and Java - Documentation

Hi,

The feature is not available for Java version of the component currently, we will support it soon.

Thank you.

Hi again!

I downloaded the .Net library and tried the ToImage() method of the Chart object:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook();

workbook.Open("c:\\temp\\chart.xls");

Aspose.Cells.Chart chart = workbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0];

chart.ToImage("c:\\temp\\chart.jpg");

The generated image does not look good! No any text anywhere! I tried several examples, even some of your Aspose.Cells-generated documents and none of the generated images looked identical to the chart. The format of the image (jpg, gif, etc.) was irrelevant.

On top of that, if the document is in Excel 2007 xlsx format, the Charts collection is empty.

I attach the examples.

Any estimate when toImage() will be available in Java? Is it going to work more reliably?

Regards,

Plamen

Hi,

Thanks for reporting with template files.

We will fix it for .NET version of Aspose.Cells for (.xls files) soon.

For Excel2007 .xlsx files, the feature is not supported yet, we will support it soon.

Thank you.

Dear Amjad,

Is this feature in Java version of Aspose.Cells avaialble now? I want to get the chart image in JAVA.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I am afraid, this feature (Chart2Image) is not supported yet in Aspose.Cells for Java.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello do you have a timeframe for this feature?
We would benefit from this tool in java. Thanks!

We are working on this feature. Hopefully it will be available in October.

Any updates on this being available soon. We have a licensed version of Cells for java and need to replace some existing Excel charting feature with those from Aspose by the end of the year. If this feature isn’t going to be available I will need to let my manager know.

Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for following up.

Yes, it (Chart to Image feature for Aspose.Cells for Java) will be available soon. We are finalizing the feature and performing some extensive testing these days. Hopefully, we can release a new official version for Aspose.Cells for Java that will introduce this feature. The release is due in the end of this month or in the first half of the next month.

Thank you.

Is this feature now available in the recently released version 2.1.1 Aspose.Cells for java? If not, any clue to when it will be available?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi,

Thanks for following up.

We have just completed the feature and released a beta version for testing that exposes the Chart2Image feature in Aspose.Cells for Java. Please download and try the beta version (attached by Johnson Shi - One of the developer of Aspose.Cells for Java) in the thread: <a href="

Thank you.