Get Line Number of Paragraph Shape GroupShape within Word document | Bookmark Document Elements Tables etc using C# .NET

Given and Aspose Element(Paragraph, Shape…) how can I tell the line number within the Word Document? I will use this information to point my User to an error in the document. I do not need the total line count.

@hoppyjr,

Please elaborate your inquiry further by providing complete details of your usecase. How will you determine an error in the Word document? Instead of Line numbers, may be you can make use of Bookmarks to meet this requirement i.e. Bookmark the problematic Paragraph, Shape or Table etc.

Yes bookmarking the document would point the user to the error. The ERROR that I am referring to is not an error in the Word Document but in the format of the document. I am using Styles, Tables, Paragraphs, and Shapes to transfer a word document into a proprietary XML formation. There Errors are the absents of required information above and below Tables and Shapes. There are other format errors that could occur. The errors in the document will are placed in the proprietary file. The corrections are then made by looking at the Word Document and manually correcting the problem.

@hoppyjr,

Thanks for the details. Please ZIP and upload your sample input Word document and a screenshot highlighting the problematic areas here for testing. We will then investigate the scenario on our end and provide you code to Bookmark those areas by using Aspose.Words.