Get links between slides

We’re trying to get links (PowerPoint Hyperlink Property) between slides in one presentation file (ppt presentation).
Is there a way to get links between slides programmatically? We’re interested to get them for both ppt and pptx.

Hi Roj,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

Yes, Aspose.Slides allows you to extract hyperlinks programmatically from both PPT and PPTX presentations slides. The hyperlinks in PPT can be extracted at using text frame object in PPT. Please follow this thread link to see how to extract the PPT hyperlinks using Aspose.Slides. The hyperlinks in PPTX can be added and extracted on shapes and portions level. Please follow this thread link to see how hyperlinks can be extracted in PPTX.

Thanks and Regards,

I tried to get links youve told me here: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/212242/cannot-retrieve-hyperlink/showthread.aspx#212242<br>it didnt get all the links I had in the presentation. When I created links in the powerpoint myself it could get them
Other part is that even if I get them how can I get links position in x,y coordinates on the slide? And how can I know to which slide this link lead (only considering links leading to other slides in the same presentation). Also Im getting all the links but I only need links for particular slide.<br><br>A piece of code that will help me get slide, get its links (not all the links, but only this slide`s links and know to which slide they are leading would be great)

Dear Roj,

It would be really nice, if you could kindly share the source presentation containing the links, so that I may try to provide you what you are actually wanting. Also, unfortunately it is not possible to get the X,Y position of the link in the slide. Since the position of text frame associated with any shape is available and text link resides some where inside the text frame.

Thanks and Regards,

Here is the attached PPT file. Links section starts at slide 19.

Dear Roj,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have observed that the links are added on shape level and you may have been trying to retrieve the links on text level. That is why, you have not been able to extract the links from slide. Please use the following code snippet for extracting the links from shapes.

Presentation pres = new Presentation("c:\\MDS+Initial+Call+Presentation+with+links.ppt");

Slide slide = pres.GetSlideByPosition(19);

Shapes shapes = slide.Shapes;

for (int iCount = 0; iCount < shapes.Count; iCount++)

{

Link IntSldLink = shapes[iCount].Link;

long lLinkSlideID = -1;

if (IntSldLink != null)

{

if (IntSldLink.InternalHyperlink != null)

lLinkSlideID = shapes[iCount].Link.InternalHyperlink;

MessageBox.Show("Internal Slide Link is: "+lLinkSlideID);

}

}

Thanks and Regards,