Get Notes from PPTX in Java: NullPointerException when Note Contains a Hyperlink

I am writing to you about a problem we encountered in working with PowerPoint document using the Aspose Slides for Java library (v23.02). Specifically, when we load the PP document and attempt to extract a list of notes for the slides, getting NullPointerException when a note contains a hyperlink.
This issue is reproducible on both Linux 7.4 and Windows 10 platform with java full version “1.8.0_351-b10”.
I am attaching the source Presentation file as well as the stack tracepptxAndStackTrace.7z (46.9 KB)
The sample code demonstrating the issue is below.
Thank you.

final IPresentation sourcePpt = new Presentation("Safe Harbor Statement.pptx");
final int SLIDES_COUNT = 1;

try {
    List<String> notesFromSlides = getNotesFromAllSlides(sourcePpt, SLIDES_COUNT);
    for (int i=0; i< notesFromSlides.size(); i++) {
        System.out.println(notesFromSlides.get(i));
    }
} catch (Exception ex) {
    System.err.println("exception getting notes from all slides");
    ex.printStackTrace();
}

/**
 * helper method to get a list of slide notes for all the slides.
 */
public static List<String> getNotesFromAllSlides(IPresentation presentation, int slideCount) {
    List<String> notesList = new ArrayList<String>();

for (int i = 0; i < slideCount; i++) {
        String notes = null;
        INotesSlide noteSlide = presentation.getSlides().get_Item(i).getNotesSlideManager().getNotesSlide();
        if (noteSlide != null) {
            ITextFrame tf = noteSlide.getNotesTextFrame();
            if(tf!=null && tf.getParagraphs()!=null) {
                // Initializing conversion options
                TextToHtmlConversionOptions options = new TextToHtmlConversionOptions();

options.setTextInheritanceLimit(TextInheritanceLimit.TextBox); //Inherit only from TextFrame's style.
                options.setEncodingName("UTF16");
                notes = tf.getParagraphs().exportToHtml(0, tf.getParagraphs().getCount(), options);
            }
        }
        notesList.add(notes);
    }
    return Collections.unmodifiableList(notesList);
}

@oraspose
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39455

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hello Eduardo.
Just want to follow up - is there a timeline for the resolution of this Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-43909?

Thank you,
Yan

@oraspose the issue is still under analysis. We cannot provide any completion date until this step ends.

Hello team.
It’s been about a year, and we would like to get an update on this issue.
Is it still under analysis?

Thank you.

@oraspose,
The issue is still open. Unfortunately, we don’t have any additional information yet. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-39455) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 24.7 (JAR).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.