Get the name of an embedded file from a rtf or word document

Hi,

is it possible to get the name of an embedded file from a rtf or word document? As an example i have added an rtf document (test.rtf) with an embedded file. The name of the embedded file is “CSV.csv”. This is the name to i want to get from the rtf document.
Getting the embedded file name in Microsoft Word is really easy (right click on shape - File object - Save as).
I checked all properties from OLEFormat of this shape (per Aspose Java) but found nothing that is similar to wanted file name. Do you have an ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards
Matthias

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Ole object in your document is displayed as an icon that is why you can’t get file name using OleFormat.SourceFullName property. However, you can get extension of this object using OleFormat.SuggestedExtension property. However, we have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11839. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11839) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.