getCodeTextFont from BarcodeBuilder does not return what was passed into setCodeTextFont

I am currently using aspose barcode version 6.0.0, and am using BarcodeBuilder to create barcodes.

I call setCodeTextFont with a Font on a BarCodeBuilder object to set the barcode text font style, then when I call getCodeTextFont it returns a different font.

Example:

BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder();
Font font1 = new Font(“Arial”, Font.PLAIN, 12);
builder.setCodeTextFont(font1);
Font font2 = builder.getCodeTextFont(); //font2 has a font size of 16 not 12

Is there some better documentation that I am missing about a scaling that is applied, or is this a bug?

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for using Aspose products, and welcome to Aspose.BarCode support forum.

We have evaluated your presented scenario on our end while using the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 6.0.1, and found the problem as mentioned in this thread. The fonts size settings does not seem to be preserved when get & set through CodeTextFont property. We have logged an investigative ticket (BARCODJAVA-33456) to look further into this matter, and to provide a fix (if applicable). Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id BARCODJAVA-33456 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 6.9.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODJAVA-33456) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.