GetObjectById not working

In the example i was given earlier i set the id of a table and try to get it in code by doc.GetObjectById and its always null… the documentation and code samples dont cover this and in the earlier versions this alwasy worked…

Did something change?

@lchilson10

Thanks for contacting support.

We were able to notice the same issue in our environment and logged it as PDFNET-44310 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So i can get the 1st table only in my xml and text segments in the 1st table only

@lchilson10

Thanks for writing back.

This should not be the case - instead API should access each object with assigned ID and you should be able to manipulate it as per your requirements. Now that we have logged an issue in our issue tracking system, our product team will investigate it as per their development schedule. We will let you know as soon as we receive some significant updates regarding its resolution.

Meanwhile, would you please share your complete requirements, along with sample XML template and expected output PDF. We will check the details at our side regarding your requirements and share our feedback with you accordingly.

testXml.zip (2.1 KB)

my only requirment is to be able to get the obkject so i can change its value.

If you try to get ID one it works but if you try any others they return null

if it helps i have tried versions all the way back to 16.10… none of the 17 versions worked

@lchilson10

Thanks for sharing the sample XML file.

We have updated the details of logged issue accordingly and intimated relevant team about your concerns as well. As soon as we receive some feedback from their side, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

Dears Aspose Family,

Any update regarding to the issue above ?

I have the same issue in version 20

@alterawiwork

Regretfully, the ticket is not yet resolved. However, we have recorded your concerns and let you know as soon as we have some definite updates regarding issue fix. Please be patient and spare us some time.

Thanks Dear,
I’m looking for a quick reply to make sure if the Aspose is the correct option for my project before buying it or I must looking for another option.

@alterawiwork

You may please share your complete requirements with us and evaluate the API as well with free 30-days temporary license in order to check whether the API suits your needs.

Dears,
Currently I’m using the 30-days temp licence and I have an issue similar to the above issue,if I’m working with two tables on the first one I can use GetObjectById but on the second one it’s always return null so I can’t build my report, there is nother way to get object and update it’s values ?

@alterawiwork

Regretfully, the earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved and we are not in a position to share some workaround at the moment. As soon as the logged ticket is fully investigated, we will share updates with you in this forum thread. We highly appreciate your patience in this matter. Please give us some time.