GetThumbnail Method Crashes in Docker Container with .NET 6.0/8.0 Runtime with Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.11/23.12

When Slide.GetThumbnail, it will crashed in 23.11, same code and environment works with 23.10.

Code:

using var thumbnail = currentSlide.GetThumbnail(scale, scale);

Dockerfile

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/aspnet:8.0
RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends \
    libgdiplus \
    libc6-dev
RUN rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
WORKDIR /app
COPY app/publish app/
COPY fonts/ /usr/local/share/fonts
EXPOSE 80
ENTRYPOINT ["dotnet", "entry.dll"]

By the way, I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.11(DLLs only) with cross-platform version from your release page: Download .NET DLL to Read Edit Presentations | Aspose.Slides

@islide,
Thank you for contacting support.

To investigate the case, we need more details. Please share the following:

• sample presentation file (if you used it)
  • sample project that reprodices the problem
  • stacktrace of the error

@andrey.potapov

Please check the demo project, use the Docker to start debug, when get thumbnail it will crashed.

Unzip Aspose.Slides zip files into Aspose.Slides, add License.txt.

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::logic_error’
what(): basic_string::_M_construct null not valid

Same issue with 23.12.

ConsoleApp1.zip (3.6 KB)

@islide,
Thank you for the sample project. I am working on the issue and will get back to you soon.

@islide,
Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the problem you described. I get the following error:

Dockerfile:15
--------------------
  13 |     ARG BUILD_CONFIGURATION=Release
  14 |     WORKDIR /src
  15 | >>> COPY ["ConsoleApp1/ConsoleApp1.csproj", "ConsoleApp1/"]
  16 |     RUN dotnet restore "./ConsoleApp1/./ConsoleApp1.csproj"
  17 |     COPY . .
--------------------
ERROR: failed to solve: failed to compute cache key: failed to calculate checksum of ref 26e19418-4295-4415-a743-358d40ce9e6b::a9aiw00ub1g3plgjcg5nyvel5: "/ConsoleApp1/ConsoleApp1.csproj": not found

Could you please indicate how you run the docker build command?

@andrey.potapov use vs debug, select Docker, then debug.

image.png (3.0 KB)

@islide,
Thank you for the information. I am working on the issue and will get back to you soon.

@islide,
Thank you for your patience. This is a known issue.

We have linked the following ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system to this forum thread and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44359

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

It hasn’t worked for us since 23.5. Looking forward to actually getting the updates we paid for :frowning:

@davhdavh,
Thank you for the message. Our development team will do their best to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-44359) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.