Getting ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while creating Workbook with XLSB

Hi,

I am using the attached XLSB file to create a workbook object from it to write some data. Aspose throws below exception while creating workbook object.

I am not understanding what is wrong with this XLSB file. I am able to open this file and edit this properly in Excel application.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 5
at com.aspose.cells.zbpt.i(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbpt.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbpy.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbpy.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbpy.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbpy.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)
at Demo2.main(Demo2.java:157)

Here is the sample code to reproduce the issue:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try
{
Workbook workbook=
new Workbook(“D:/reports/in/BU_Weekly_Rpt_05_25_11.xlsb”);
System.out.println(“Done”);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}

Can you please check this and provide a solution or reason why we are facing this issue.

Regards

Chandra

Hi,

Thanks for providing template file, sample code and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found an exception: “java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException” on loading your template XLSB file by Aspose.Cells API using your sample code. Moreover, when I opened the template file into Ms Excel 2007/2010, Ms Excel prompts me “Reference is not valid” message although it does open the file into it. The file is a bit corrupted but anyways, we will look into the issue if we could fix it.
e.g
Sample code:

String excelPath = “BU_Weekly_Rpt_05_25_11.xlsb”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(excelPath);

A ticket is logged with an id “CELLSJAVA-41529” into our database for investigation and fixation (if possible).

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to update you that we have resolved your issue logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-41529”. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.0.7 and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for providing the fix. We will use this jar in our product and share the results.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41529) have been fixed in newer version of

Aspose.Cells for Java (Download | Maven).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.