We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Getting column name for a webgrid cell

Using GridWeb, given a cell object passed to a cell select or a doubleclick client side event handler, is there a way to get the column header name? I am trying to avoid using hardcoded column numbers in my client scripts and would want to look up cell’s header and perform an appropriate action.

My second question is whether I can cancel the postback for server side CellDoubleClick from the client’s cell double click.


We will get back to you for your queries soon.

Thank you.


We have logged issue into our issue tracking system against both of your mentioned queries with an issue id: CELLSNET-13802. We will keep you updated if there is any update about it.

Thank you.


<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>Please try the attached version.

We have added a public method named “getCellColumnName” at client side in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v (attached). Please try the following sample script:

function onDblClickCell(cell)



GridWeb1.dblclick = null; // for your second question


Thank you.

I am getting “object doesn’t support this property or method”, see attached screen shot, which also shows my code. Cleared local cache and verified that the GridWeb V2.0.3.2005 was loaded with process explorer.


It works fine here.

I used the code (written in my previous post) with the new version and it works.

Attached is the screen shot on my pc.

Could you create a fresh sample project and use the version which we provide you. If you still find the issue, kindly do post your sample project here to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.