Getting dotted grid lines rather than solid lines

Using the following code I get dotted grid lines rather that solid lines when I print from excel all is fine, please see attached spreadsheet and the code I am using below. sheet prints just not the same as with excel, please advise. thank you

Dim options As New Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions()

options.PrintingPage = PrintingPageType.Default

Dim wr As New SheetRender(Sheet, options)

wr.ToPrinter(My.Settings.DefaultPrinter)

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

We recommend you to kindly try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

I have evaluated your issue using your template file a bit and I think it works fine. Well, the printing worksheet is done based on what is shown in the Print preview of MS Excel, you may confirm it by taking the print preview of the sheet in MS Excel manually and you will see that the dotted lines are shown for your data matrix/table in MS Excel too, so Aspose.Cells prints the sheet fine.

Thank you.

Amjad,

Are you saying that there is no way to make

gridlines appear to be solid like they are when

I actually print documents from Excel?

Hi,

Well, if you could open your template file into Ms Excel and take the print preview in it, you will see those dotted lines are there, so Aspose.Cells behaves correctly, see the screen shot taken in MS Excel for your reference:

http://prntscr.com/5qnrp2

To accomplish your task, you may easily set the solid lines borders around your range of data using Aspose.Cells APIs before printing the sheet, see the sample code for your reference:

e.g

Sample code:

//Instantiating a Workbook object

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\GrossSkins+01-07-2015.xls”);

//Obtaining the reference of the first (default) worksheet by passing its sheet index

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

//Set the range based on the data/contents.

int maxCol = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells.MaxDataColumn;

int maxRow = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells.MaxDataRow;

Range range=null;

if (maxCol > 0 && maxRow > 0)

{

range = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange(“A1”, CellsHelper.CellIndexToName(maxRow, maxCol));

}

//Apply borders to the range.

Style colstyle = workbook.Styles[workbook.Styles.Add()];

colstyle.Borders[BorderType.LeftBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

colstyle.Borders[BorderType.RightBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

colstyle.Borders[BorderType.TopBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

colstyle.Borders[BorderType.BottomBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

StyleFlag flag = new StyleFlag();

flag.Borders = true;

range.ApplyStyle(colstyle, flag);

//Saving the Excel file

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsx”);

Let us know if you still have any issue.

Thank you.

Amjad,

ok I tried that and it worked but printout does not look at good as printing directly from excel.

I also ran across another issue and am attaching the scanned result from using aspose and it is very fuzzy and the font does not look right and it does not fit on page as opposed to excel which it works fine in.

I will attach my scanned printout which I converted to a pdf and also send you the spreadsheet

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

Well, it looks like the required fonts (used in the workbook) are not installed or missing on your system where you are printing or rendering Excel file to PDF file format. Please make sure that the relevant fonts used in your spreadsheet are properly installed/ set on your system. For your information, the features like rendering PDF, printing spreadsheets and Sheet to Image or other features do require the relevant fonts should be installed on your system.

Also, on a safer side, you should put all the relevant fonts into a folder and then specify the fonts directory path in your code using CellsHelper.FontDir attribute at the start of your program. Anyways, I did test your scenario/ case on my system (Windows 8, core i7, 8GB ram etc.) with Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.4, I just opened and converted your template Excel file to PDF using the following sample code, it works fine and the output PDF file is fine tuned, I have attached the output PDF file for your reference here.

e.g

Sample code:

…

//CellsHelper.FontDir = @“e:\test2\MyFontDir”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(strFilePath);

workbook.Save(outPDFFilePath)

Also, please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Thank you.

Amjad
sorry I was not clear in my previous post
the pdf file I sent you was generated by Aspose rendering from Excel code to an excel printout.
Dim wr As New SheetRender(Sheet, options)
I scanned that printout to a pdf file so I could send to you. Could you test the aspose rendering from the spreadsheet that I sent you and review the results
Thank you

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the clarification.

What Amjad has narrated in his previous response is true because Aspose.Cells APIs require the fonts used in the spreadsheet to correctly calculate the row height and column widths even using the SheetRender class to print/render the spreadsheets. By checking the scanned copy of your printed document it seems that API is not able to calculate the row heights properly due to which the characters/text is getting cut-off at the top.

You may also workaround this situation by calling the Worksheet.AutoFitRows method before printing/rendering the spreadsheet. The aforesaid method will forcefully increase the row heights to accommodate the text in the cells for best viewing. Please check the following code snippet for your reference and attached resultant image.

VB.NET

Dim book = New Workbook(“D:/FinalResults+01-07-2015.xls”)
For Each sheet As Worksheet In book.Worksheets
If sheet.Cells.MaxDataColumn > 0 AndAlso sheet.Cells.MaxDataRow > 0 Then
sheet.AutoFitRows()
Dim render = New SheetRender(sheet, New ImageOrPrintOptions() With {.ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Jpeg})
render.ToImage(0, “D:/” & sheet.Name & “.jpg”)
'render.ToPrinter(PrinterName);
End If
Next sheet

Please feel free to write back in case you have any further questions or concerns.

Hello Amjad & Babar Raza,
Your support resolved all the issues I have had so far with rendering of excel sheets.
Without a doubt your Aspose team provides
support of your products second to none.
Your timely responses, patience, and thorough
messages are superb.
sincerely,
Bob

Hi Bob,

Good to know that your issues are sorted out now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.