Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Getting error when extracting messages from PST file

When attempting to extract messages from a PST file we are getting the following error:

class com.aspose.email.system.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Could not read message. The message data is probably corrupted. —> class com.aspose.email.system.exceptions.ArgumentNullException: Could not find the data block by its identifier.
Parameter name: entry
com.aspose.email.zaqn.b(SourceFile:318)
com.aspose.email.zaqn.d(SourceFile:1360)
com.aspose.email.zzm.h(SourceFile:526)
com.aspose.email.zzm.(SourceFile:98)
com.aspose.email.zavq.(SourceFile:66)
com.aspose.email.zahr.a(SourceFile:328)
com.aspose.email.zavz.b(SourceFile:347)
com.aspose.email.zavz.a(SourceFile:305)
com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.extractMessage(SourceFile:691)
com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.extractMessage(SourceFile:707)

This should also reproduce with Aspose sample code for message extraction. A sample file has been provided.erosenfeld@DTISandbox.onmicrosoft.com.zip (3.8 MB)

1 Like

@dmckinney,
Thank you for the issue description. To help you, we need to know the following:

• The code example reproducing the error
  • The version of Aspose.Email you used

But first, please check the issue with the latest version of Aspose.Email.

I am attaching an another sample file and sample project that we used to replicate the issue. The version we used of Aspose.Email are 21.2. and 21.3. <a class=“attachment” href="/uploads/discoursExtractPst.zip (879 Bytes)
e_instance3/50443">AsposeTicket.zip (8.5 MB)

@dmckinney,
Unfortunately, your AsposeTicket.zip file has not been uploaded. Please try again.

AsposeTicket.zip (8.5 MB)
Upload of AsposeTicket.zip

@dmckinney,
Thank you for the additional data. I reproduced the error and got the same result. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID EMAILJAVA-34872. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when it is fixed.