Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Getting Invalid License Message

I recently upgraded Aspose.Words from version 4.4.2.0 to version 10.4.0.0. I deployed the new dll to a production web site and added an assembly binding redirect. I uploaded the new license file I received and overwrote the one that was in the bin directory. Now I get a message saying there isn’t a valid license file. Where have I gone wrong? Thank you

Hello

Thanks for your request. I think, this could be because you license file is corrupt. You can send your license to me, and I will check it on my side. Please see the following link to learn how to send the license file.

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Best regards,

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I have checked your license on my side with the Aspose.Words 10.4.0, and it works without any issues.

Please make sure that you applied license as described here:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/applying-a-license.html

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/when-to-apply-a-license.html

Best regards,

Thank you for taking the time to test that for me. I figured out my problem; Since the dll had been moved to the GAC instead of the bin folder in order for the assembly binding redirect to work, the SetLicense call was no longer looking in the bin directory. I modified the call to use the full path to the license file and it fixed the problem.


Thanks

Hello

It is perfect, that you already found solution. Please let me know in case of any issues. I will be glad to help you.

Best regards,