Getting issue while running the samples with all libraries

Hi,

I am developing an Android application, In which I have to show the microsoft office documents such as doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx. So that I am planning to use the Aspose.Total SDK. Before purchasing licence, I did download the Samples.

I have created one sample application and added the following jars in the “libs” folder.
“aspose-cells-8.3.0.jar”,
“Aspose.Pdf.Android-1.4.jar”,
“aspose.slides-1.1.0.jar”,
“bcprov-jdk15-146.jar”,
“aspose-cells-8.3.0.jar”

in a single application and try to run the project. I got the following exception.

[2014-12-03 15:34:46 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536
[2014-12-03 15:34:46 - samples] Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536

Note: Attached the workspace(libs are removed in the attached workspace because of its memory size)

Hi Karthikeyan,

The problem is because of the limitation on number of methods allowed in Android projects. Combined number of methods in two Aspose APIs exceeds this limit of 65536 so you see this issue. We will gradually reduce number of methods in Aspose APIs.

In the meantime, you can use a tool like https://github.com/mmin18/Dex65536 to overcome this issue.

Best Regards,