Getting wrong value for a cell

For version 23.11 of aspose.cell java library.

Getting wrong value for a cell that derives it values from another cell when using formula IRR() and values is a ranges.
For some values, values is fetched correctly.

I’ve provided some information in the attached screenshoot

Screenshot 2023-11-20 135515.png (57.7 KB)

Screenshot 2023-11-20 135553.png (29.2 KB)

Screenshot 2023-11-20 135741.png (26.5 KB)

Please suggest.

Thanks

@phanhoangha96
Would you like to provide your sample file? This is very helpful for us to locate the issue. Once we receive the sample file, we will check it soon.

@phanhoangha96
From 23.11, we changed the logic of checking change between iterations of Newton’s method according to user’s suggestion. The change corrects the calculation for some cases for functions such as IRR, XIRR. However, it also caused the calculation fail for some other special cases. Currently we are afraid we cannot find the way to make all cases work. Anyways, please provide us your template file to reproduce the issue so we can look into it and check whether we can solve it. Thank you.

Hi @John.He and @johnson.shi,
I have attached the file here

The faulty cell is located at G375. It is showing as 13% when viewed in excel. But when i debugging, i get a value of 50%.

Thanks,

@phanhoangha96
By using sample files for testing, we can reproduce the issue. Found incorrect value obtained after IRR function calculation.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45710

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @John.He,
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your support.

@phanhoangha96,

Sure, once we figure it out or we have some other updates on your issue, we will let you know.

1 Like

@phanhoangha96,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.12) that we plan to release in the second week of December next month. You will be notified when the new version is published.

1 Like

Thank you so much :smile:

@phanhoangha96,

You are welcome.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45710) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.12.