GLTF PBR Material

Hi there!
By the docs for MetallicRoughness PBR i need to set texture with metallic in R channel and roughness in G channel.
But when i opened produced file in Blender i got connected metallic to B and roughness to G instead:

image.png (54.7 KB)

barrel_broken_01.zip (487.4 KB)

@mostproduct

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): THREEDNET-1443

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@mostproduct
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. As the scope of supported file formats expanded over time in Aspose.3D, the evolution of its interfaces didn’t initially accommodate certain use cases, such as the one you’ve mentioned. Earlier supported 3D formats didn’t necessitate features like complex material connection graphs.

However, with the addition of support for formats like GLTF/USD and the plan to include MDL/Blender in the future, the demand for more sophisticated material connection structures has arisen. Before commencing work on the new material design, we intend to evaluate and enhance the material API, ensuring compatibility with formats that don’t require this advanced feature.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to enhance Aspose.3D to better cater to diverse and evolving needs. If you have any further inquiries or specific requirements, please feel free to let us know.

1 Like