Grid Capabilities

We are evaluating the .Cells and .Grid component and I have a few technical questions. We have a very complex model developed in Excel/VBA. We are writing a wrapper application in .Net Winforms to provide some control/flow for inputing data and displaying the results. I need to be able to read data from a specific sheet in excel and load it into the Grid for display. The sample I saw loaded an entire workbook and displayed all sheets.

Here are my questions:

1. Can the Grid be used to display a single sheet from a workbook instead of all sheets in the workbook?
  2. If only all the sheets can be shown, can sheets be hidden in the grid or excel before showing?
  3. Can the Grid be used to quickly load a range of data from a sheet in an excel workbook?
  4. Can a Grid be marked Read Only to just display results from a sheet calculated in Excel?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Since you are using .NET Winform solution, so you may use Aspose.Grid.Desktop.

1. Can the Grid be used to display a single sheet from a workbook instead of all sheets in the workbook?
  2. If only all the sheets can be shown, can sheets be hidden in the grid or excel before showing?

I think you may Add / Remove worksheets in a workbook. please check:

Can the Grid be used to quickly load a range of data from a sheet in an excel workbook?

The Grid is efficient enough to load huge list of data into the matrix, you may give a try.

Can a Grid be marked Read Only to just display results from a sheet calculated in Excel?

I am not very clear about your query. Well, you may easily apply protection to individual cells and worksheets using its APIs.

Thank you.