Grid Desktop- Merged Cells Cell Click and Edit

When I have merged cells in a worksheet it currently required me to double click the cell to able to start typing in values.
Cells that are not merged I can click on the cell once and start entering data.
Is there way to change merged cells to enter edit mode when they are set to focuses or single clicked?
Thanks

@SEMSDev,

Thanks for providing us some details.

I have tested your scenario/case a bit using a simple Excel file (which contains some merged cells). I imported the file into GridDesktop. I set focus the cells by mouse click and arrow keys. I found sometimes it works while other time if does not work for merged cells. We appreciate if you could create a simple sample project with Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v17.8.x, zip it and post us here to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

AposeExcelGrid.zip (29.6 KB)
The column in Yellow is the merged Cells

@SEMSDev,

Thanks for the sample project with template file and details.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template file. I found that we cannot edit merged cells (in the template file’s sheet) directly when setting focus by mouse click, it starts working if we do double click though. Moreover, if works fine if we use arrow keys to move/focus to the merged cells (e.g C5) and edit.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45623” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@SEMSDev

Please download and use the latest fix. It should fix your issue. Let us know your feedback.

It fixes the following issue

• CELLSNET-45623 - Cannot edit merged cells when setting focus by mouse click - Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop

I will check in next couple days.
Thanks for working on it so fast.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45623) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.9.

Thanks, looks to be working now.

@SEMSDev

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose APIs.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.