Grid events not firing when grid EditMode = false

It appears that custom button event does not fire when EditMode is set to false; nor do I get server side events (double click) when EditMode=false. Is it by design? I am setting EditMode to false initially (locking grid editing), and I have a custom ‘unlock’ button, but it does not seem to fire… if I change my EditMode setting opn the server side, then all events appear to fire… How would you accomplish this ‘grid initially locked’ until button click unlocks requirement? I guess I could use an ‘unlock’ button that is not implemented as a custom button, but it is far more consistent this way…

Hi,

Well, I have implemented your scenario a bit using latest version v2.0.1.2027 and it works fine.
I set the EditMode for the GridWeb to false initially(at design time), then add a custom command button to on the EditMode. The GridWeb’s CustomCommand event is fired find. Also, the the double click events like “CellDoubleClick” is working fine.

Could you try the latest version from Aspose.Cells for .NET v4.8.1. If you still find the issue, kindly create a demo project to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.