Gridjs-spreadsheet rendering issue with freeze panes on high DPI screens

Hey Aspose team,

We’ve noticed an issue with spreadsheets that have frozen rows or columns, specifically when rendering on high-DPI screens (we used MacBook Air for testing). The file we used is BlackRock-Capital-Market-Assumptions.xlsx.zip (174.6 KB)

The issue can be seen when you scroll a merged cell underneath the frozen rows. Note how the text from the cell is rendered underneath the header:

image.jpg (811.5 KB)

When viewing the same file on the same computer but on an external monitor that does not have high DPI, this renders fine:

image.png (371.3 KB)

We have been able to reproduce this with Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox, across multiple computers. Unsure if it also happens on Windows though, as we don’t have a Windows computer with a high-DPI display available.

@jrf.att
can you provide the dpi info in your machine.
you can open browser develop console,
and type the below code to get the info,
window.devicePixelRatio
On my machine it is 1.25 ,It is fine in my machine.

the display result

@peter.zhou My laptop’s display has window.devicePixelRatio of 2. The external monitor is 1.

Regarding the screenshot you posted, I also don’t have issues when looking at the top of the spreadsheet. It’s when I scroll down to the bottom that I see the issue (there’s a very large merged cell starting at A361).

@jrf.att
thanks,we will investigate more and try to reproduce

@jrf.att
Now ,we can reproduce this issue.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSGRIDJS-905

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@jrf.att
Please try the latest client script v23.9.1 for GridJs.
this issue shall be fixed.

Thanks @peter.zhou, I’ll give it a go next week.

@jrf.att,
You are welcome. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSGRIDJS-905) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi