Gridview 2.7.7.2000 no longer displays vertical or horizontal scroll bars

I just upgraded Aspose.Cells.Gridweb dll and the grid no longer displays horizontal and vertical scrollbars. It worked fine in the previous version.

I am using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb version 2.7.7.2000

Previously I was using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb version 2.5.2.2000.

I'll try to attach zips of the projects but am having trouble doing so, the upload is timing out.

Here is the asp:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="dynamicAsposeGridWeb.WebForm1" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Aspose.Cells.GridWeb" Namespace="Aspose.Cells.GridWeb" TagPrefix="acw" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<acw:gridweb ID="gridWeb1" runat="server"></acw:gridweb>

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

And the code-behind:

using System;

using System.Data;

using System.Data.OleDb;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Web;

using System.Web.UI;

using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb;

using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Data;

namespace dynamicAsposeGridWeb

{

public partial class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!Page.IsPostBack == true)

{

License license = new License();

license.SetLicense("Aspose.Cells.lic");

String connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\\Program Files\\Aspose\\Aspose.Cells for .NET\\Demos\\Common\\Database\\demos.mdb";

OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(connString);

OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand("SELECT *, +1 FROM PRODUCTS", conn);

//OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand("SELECT *, -1 FROM PRODUCTS", conn); //<-- this was crashing with previous dll

OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter(cmd);

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

conn.Open();

da.Fill(ds, "PRODUCTS");

conn.Close();

WebWorksheet ws = gridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0];

ws.Cells.Clear();

ws.EnableCreateBindColumnHeader = true;

ws.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];

ws.CreateAutoGenratedColumns();

ws.DataBind();

}

}

}

}

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please provide us your sample runnable project replicating your issue. We will look into it and help you asap. If we find any issue, we will log it in our database so that it could be fixed.

two projects attached. one with old dll which has scrollbars. one with new dll where scrollbars no longer show up.

Just downloaded Aspose.Cells 7.4.3 and restested with Aspose.Cells.GridWeb version 2.7.18.2000 and the problem is still there.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the sample projects.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue as you have mentioned with latest version v2.7.x.xxxx. There are no scrollbars attached with the GridWeb when the data is displayed or bound from the data source. I have also tested the project with v2.5.2.xxxx and it works fine.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41653” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

(Note: I have to comment the last few lines of code regarding get / set styles to suppress the other exception to reproduce the issue for scrollbars)

Thank you.

Hi,

After evaluating your issue a bit, I come to know that you should use our latest fix Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.7.18.2001 and also update/replace the acw_client folder files with your existing files. I have done this and now I see the scrollabrs fine, see the screen shot attached here.

Please try the attached latest fix/version v2.7.18.2001 (with updated acw_client files).

Thank you.