GridWeb - "Add row" not able to add formula inside cells

Hi Team,
I have a functionality while editing a cell value then on key out need to calculate a formula in other cell of same row. Which is working as expected.
Now if I add a row using context menu(right click) ‘Add row’ functionality and if I modify cell value then it is not reflecting the other cell which has formula. basically add row functionality not adding formula to added cells.

Please suggest a way to add row in client side using context menu should add formula. Below are screenshots fro your reference.

Default row functionality.png (6.4 KB)

After adding row.png (6.0 KB)

@rameshsannidhi,

Thanks for the screenshots.

We are not quite sure about your issue. Generally the formulas should be updated accordingly when adding new rows/columns or updating relevant cells data. Could you provide us sample project (runnable) with all the files and steps involved to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you, Amjad for your quick reply.
Here is the working solution to reproduce the issue.

Please download the example solution from below area

Replace the Skins.xls file in below path with the file attached.
https://github.com/aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/tree/master/Examples.GridWeb/Data/GridWebBasics\

Skins.zip (4.0 KB)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run the solution making addrow.aspx as start page
  2. We have A,B, C columns in the UI shown
  3. Please enter values for 3rd row
  4. A value and B value sum should appear in C column as C column has the formula.
  5. Now place the cursor in secnd row and right click to add a row.
  6. An empty row will be added.
  7. Now try to enter the values. You will not see Sum value in C will not be reflected. We want the C column value should reflect once we enter values in A and B.

Please let me know for any clarification.
Thanks in advance.

Amjad,
Please make the below file in solution as start up page.
Aspose.Cells-for-.NET-master\Examples.GridWeb\CSharp\GridWebBasics\ApplyTabBarStyle.aspx

@rameshsannidhi,

Thanks for the template file and steps details.

I have evaluated your scenario/case a bit. Well, it is not an issue rather Aspose.Cells.GridWeb follows MS Excel standards and specifications in formulas calculations and evaluations. Please open the file into MS Excel and perform your mentioned steps in MS Excel manually and you will notice that MS Excel itself shows the same behavior as it does not copy the formula in the third column (respective cell) when you insert blank row(s).

If you see something different or it works fine in MS Excel, let us know with details, we will check it soon.

Thanks Amjad, for explanation. yes I do see MS excel is not provided with this feature. Could you please help us to customize client side code to overcome the issue.

@rameshsannidhi,

We suggest you to try to use relevant after insert row event(s) for your needs. Since we cannot decide what action to be performed by the user, so such kind of work does not follow a specific rule as we don’t know what action is needed by the user. We cannot add specific feature or options in GridWeb to support your specific needs. So, we suggest you should manually insert or copy the formula in C column cell accordingly by using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb API after the row is inserted.