Gridweb adds blank rows and columns automatically on execution of formula

Hi Aspose Team,

Please consider the following scenario:

1. I have a table with 2 columns(A & B) and 8 rows.
2.I write formula =D5+F5 in cell "B6"
3.After the formula is executed the Gridweb automatically adds blank rows and columns till F column as the formula is referring to that column.
Screenshots attached.

I dont want such additional rows and columns to be inserted.Instead of that if the formula is referring to some cell which is not existing in the table it should throw some error and the formula should not be executed.
Kindly suggest necessary changes.

Thanks,
Ved

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please provide us your sample project replicating the mentioned issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.15.2000

It will help us look into your issue precisely and we will be able to provide you a fix or advise you asap.

Hi Aspose Team,

We tested the project with latest version.The problem still exists.
Sample Project attached.

Test scenarios:(Screenshots attached)

Test-1. Gridweb has 8 rows and 8 columns(A to H) initially.I add a formula in cell “=I5”.Column “I” does not exist initially but on execution of formula columns till “I” are created in Gridweb.

Test-2. Gridweb has 8 rows and 9 columns(A to I) initially. I add formula “=SUM(B1:B10)” in a cell.There are 8 rows only but on execution of formula 2 extra rows are added making it 10.

Requirement :
I don’t need such extra rows and columns to be added in case of formula execution.If the formula refers to any cell which is not existing in GridWeb then the formula execution should result in throwing some error message. Extra rows and columns should not be added in any case.

Kindly treat the issue as urgent and suggest necessary changes.

Thanks
Ved

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshots and further input.

We have logged your feedback and comments in our database against this issue. We will look into your requirements further and get back to you.

Once, there is some fix for you or some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41395.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please set the AutoExtendMaxRowColumn=“False”, it will resolve your issue. Please use it and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel faiz,

Thanks for the reply.
We tried with AutoExtendMaxRowColumn=“False” in the GridWeb. Here are some scenarios we encountered.

Initial State : GridWeb with 8 rows and 2 columns(A & B).

Test 1 : (Screenshot Attached )
I enter a formula “=D4+D5” in cell “A7”. The formula is calculated and gives result 0.In this case no additional rows or columns are added in the Gridweb.

Test 2: (Screenshot Attached )
I enter a formula “=SUM(D4:D7)” in cell “A8”.The formula is calculated and gives result 0.In this case additional rows and columns are added in the Gridweb.

Requirement:
I want that in whatever format I enter formula ,No additional rows and columns should be added in the Gridweb. Also instead of the result “0” displayed there should be some error message displayed like “#NAME?” or something else.

Kindly look into the issue and give further suggestions asap.

Thanks,
Ved

Hi,

Requirement:
I want that in whatever format I enter formula ,No additional rows and columns should be added in the Gridweb. Also instead of the result “0” displayed there should be some error message displayed like “#NAME?” or something else.

Well, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb follows MS Excel standards where a sheet actually has 256 columns and 65536 rows for XLS and for XLSX file format, it will have long list of rows and columns accordingly. You may try to check it in MS Excel sheet, it won’t give any error if the rows and columns indexes/names are within the sheet’s range of cells. Initial display of rows and columns does not take into account as it follows the MS Excel standards.

Our many users are using the grid as a replacement for MS Excel and they are used to it and they think it should always follow Ms Excel standards and behavior.

Anyways, we will check if we can enhance it for your custom needs, we need to check the feasibility of your custom request though. We have logged it against your existing issue id and will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Thanks for your reply.

When I use AutoExtendMaxRowColumn="False and enter formula in “=D4+D5” format it works fine and no additional rows and columns are added.That meets our requirement.If it will display “0” as answer it will be OK with us.
But when we enter formula in “=SUM(D4:D7)” format the additional rows and columns are added.We don’t want such rows to be added in the Grid.Instead if it will display answer as “0” then it will be OK.If it does not show error then also it is OK.

So i revise my requirement as :

"I want that in whatever format I enter the formula ,No additional rows and columns should be added in the Gridweb if I set AutoExtendMaxRowColumn=“False” .It will be OK if it displays “0”.If it does not show error that is also OK.I just want to avoid the automatic insertion of extra rows and columns"

Kindly look into the matter.

Thanks,
Ved.

Hi,

Thanks for explaining it more.

OK fine, we will look into your minimal requirements if we can support it soon. We have logged your revised needs into our database and our concerned developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

To update you, we will do maximum row/column check for formula reference when the AutoExtendMaxRowColumn is set to false. We will release the new fix that supports this feature in 1-2 days.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have fixed this issue. Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.15.2002

We have supported this feature, we now do maximum row/column check
for formula reference when the AutoExtendMaxRowColumn is set to false.

Hi Aspose Team,

Thanks for fixing the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix v2.7.15.2002 (GridWeb).

We have closed your ticket now.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41395) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.