GridWeb checkboxes and dropdown

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb to load an excel file which has some checkboxes and dropdowns. I think the checkboxes were treated as images and were unable to be checked. Also the position is little bit varied from Excel.

For drop downs, in some cases when I click on the drop down, the data is positioned some place else on the screen (mostly at the top left corner).

Instructions: Download the project here
and run the project. Click on Load Excel in the nav bar.
For checkbox issue: Scroll to the Customer Info tab at the end and you can find checkboxes there.
For dropdown issue: Scroll to the 1-Input tab and select Yes/No in the first column in yellow background color.

@ashokComdyn,

I am afraid, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb might not support to render controls (e.g., CheckBox, dropdowns, etc.) as objects, these shapes will be shown as static pictures. We did log a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46133” for the issue.

@ashokComdyn
It is a little complicated. yet we don’t support it.
however we will improve it in the future version.

@ashokComdyn,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in an upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.5 that we plan to release in the first half of May 2023. You will be notified when the next version is released.

Thank you!! I can’t wait for the new update to try on some of my spreadsheets with checkboxes.

@ashokComdyn,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46133) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Thank you. Can you post the sample code just for rendering the Checkboxes. I had checkboxes in the excel and now they are completely missing in the webform.2. From the web form after loading the excel.PNG (4.2 KB)
1. From Excel sheet.PNG (1.2 KB)

@ashokComdyn
It needs to include jquery and jquery ui in the page. We have the test file here controls.zip (32.4 KB)

and the rendering page is here
QQ截图20230512221017.png (19.4 KB)

Can you provide your test file, we need to investigate it on our end.

Hello. Here is the solution where I am loading the excel file in Template.cs file. I actual excel file is also in the solution (deal_56). Navigate to the sheet called “Call Sheet” where there are few check boxes at the top in the excel which are not even showing up in the app. ComdynTest Solution

Also, how can I remove the second horizontal scroll bar that can be used to navigate with the sheet if it has lot of columns at the bottom right corner of the app. Please see the image attached as well.aspose issue 4.PNG (963 Bytes)

@ashokComdyn,

After an initial testing, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template XLSX file. I found checkboxes in your mentioned sheet are not shown when importing the Excel file into GridWeb matrix.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53542

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Also, to hide the second horizontal scrollbar at the bottom, could you please try to add the following line of code:
GridWeb1.NoHScroll = true;

@ashokComdyn
we’ve fixed it,this is display result in the fix.
QQ截图20230626085954.png (36.7 KB)
though the y position is a little lower compare with the cell text value,as we can see in the css there is margin 4px in forms.less .
QQ图片20230626090245.png (34.5 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53542) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi