GridWeb control of Aspose.Cells for .NET not working on Internet Explorer 11

Hi,

I am using version 8.2.1 of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb. The GridWeb edit-mode doesn’t works well on IE11. Upon rendering it throws the “unknown browser” message and after that the GridWeb cells becomes un-editable.

Please note that, I am aware of a workaround using IE9 compatibility mode in the Header as below.

meta http-equiv=“X-UA-Compatible” content=“IE=EmulateIE9”

But, I don’t want to use this solution as we have to leverage some IE11 specific features on the same page.

You have any upcoming release which has this issue fixed? Or is there any other solution to this issue?

Kindly assist on this.

Hi,

Well, currently Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not work very well on IE10 and 11, so you have to use the compatibility mode of IE9 to work with it on IE11 browser type. You may try to add the following lines of code in the header section in .aspx page:
e.g
Sample code:

And, sure we may support it in future versions of the product ( Aspose.Cells.GridWeb) but currently, you may use the compatibility mode as described above to work with GridWeb in full capacity.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Using IE9 compatibility mode resolves issue partially. In Edit mode, if I am double clicking the cell it does not calls OnDoubleClickCellClientFunction on which I need to open one popup using javascript. This functionality works fine with IE9.

Hi Amjad,

Using IE9 compatibility mode resolves issue partially. In Edit mode, if I am double clicking the cell it does not calls OnDoubleClickCellClientFunction on which I need to open one popup using javascript. This functionality works fine with IE9.

Kindly suggest on this.

Hi,

Could you provide us a sample project (runnable) with Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.2.1.x, zip it and post us here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Has Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.3.1 started supporting IE11 or not?

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, the support is not available yet, you have to use the compatibility mode of IE9 to work with it on IE11 browser type.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Reopening old thread.

Got to know that GridWeb control of Aspose.Cells v8.5 onwards supports IE11.

Could you please confirm the same so that I will try this as we are still relying on workaround of using meta http-equiv=“X-UA-Compatible” content=“IE=EmulateIE9”

Hi,

We haven’t thoroughly tested Aspose.Cells.GridWeb on IE11 but you may try it on IE11, it may work fine on it.

If you still have any issue e.g regarding Javascript (.js file(s)), do let us know with details and sample project, we will log a ticket for it to figure it out soon.

Also, we recommend you to kindly try our latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.6.0 (you may get the latest version after installing our latest Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0 package from Downloads module).

Thank you.