Gridweb keeps jumping back to top when trying to copy and paste

Anyone know how to stop this behavior?
We are using gridweb on aspx website.
We load data with about 100 rows.
If we scroll to the bottom of the sheet and highlight something (say on row 99) and hit ctrl-c (to copy), the sheet jumps back to the top.
Its annoying when you are trying to paste from one row to another one right below but the sheet jumps all the way back to the top. Trying to find out how to stop this behavior.

@MoopMeep,

We will check your issue soon. By the way, could you please share a sample project using latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb with latest resource files, zip the project and post us to reproduce the issue.

Hi:

I had another issue a month ago 5/6/2022, That sample has the same issue.

If you want me to resend then let me know. It basically a empty project with an aspose gridweb control put into it.

Mike

~WRD0002.jpg (357 Bytes)

I modified my sample and uploaded it again.

I basically removed all the code, I set the gridweb for 1000 rows.

If you go to any row above 100 (scroll down so the top goes off screen).

Select a cell and then hit ctrl-c and it should jump back up to the top.

How to stop it from jumping to the top?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq0a4zyzckan97p/WebApplication6CutAndPaste.zip?dl=0

@MoopMeep,

Thanks for the sample.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. I found Gridweb will keep jumping back to top when we try to copy and paste operation. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-51296” for your issue. We will check if we could disable this behavior. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

I notice right clicking a cell (same sample) doesn’t work correctly either.

Right click on a cell from rows 0-50 and then menu appears properly.

Right click on a cell in row 600 (for example), notice you don’t see the menu but the menu actually appear up around row 50. So it’s a similar issue where it likes to put everything up at the top.

Mike

@MoopMeep,

Thanks for your findings.

You are right. I noticed another similar issue regarding the appearance of context menu (right-click menu) which does not appear/display when right-clicking on a cell after 50 rows in the GridWeb matrix. I have logged it with your existing ticket “CELLSNET-51296”, so it should also be addressed when fixing your original issue.

Once we have any new information available, we will update you.

@MoopMeep,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved now. The fix will be included in the next release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.7) which is scheduled in the second week of July 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Mike

~WRD0002.jpg (357 Bytes)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-51296) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Hi:

Do you know if this is planned to be fixed?

I notice the latest version has the same issue 22.8.

It not an issue if its not to be fixed, I just need to know in case I need to switch to something else.

@MoopMeep,

Does Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v22.7 or Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v22.8 not fix the issue? What is the height you set for GridWeb, 100%? Could you share more details and sample project to show the issue with latest version/fix. We will check your issue soon.

Hi:

Please check out the demo I sent earlier in this thread. WebApplicaion6CutAndPaste

Use Git to update it to 22.8

Scroll down far enough so the top of the gridweb scrolls off the page. (scroll down to row 200 for instance)

Click a cell and hit ctrl-c, gridweb jumps back to the top to row 0.

It’s a pain when you want to copy a cell on row 450 for example and paste to row 449

It jumps to row 0 and then you have to scroll back down

If you click a cell and then manually highlight the contents of the cell, then the jump doesn’t occur.

Thanks,

Mike

@MoopMeep,

Thanks for sharing further details.

We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Did you update the acwmain.js ,the latest acw_version shall be “v2022.07.20”;
[https://github.com/aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples_GridWeb/GridWeb.Net4/CSharp/Grid/acw_client/acwmain.js]

Hi:

In the project below the fix works for webform1.aspx

But doesn’t work for webform2.aspx

Webform2 uses a master page, so that might be the issue

https://www.dropbox.com/s/df8fs4130gv16q6/WebApplication6.zip?dl=0

@MoopMeep,

Thanks for sharing the sample project.

We will evaluate your issue soon.

@MoopMeep
We can reproduce this issue from your sample in webform2.aspx.
We’ve fixed it in acwmain.js.
Please get the latest one in [https://github.com/aspose-cells/Aspose.Cells-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples_GridWeb/GridWeb.Net4/CSharp/Grid/acw_client/acwmain.js]

Thanks, it looks like it is working good.

I’ll play around with it some more and let you know.

Thanks,

Mike

@MoopMeep,

Good t know that using the latest resource files fix your issue. Please take your time to evaluate your scenario or test cases. In case of further queries or comments, feel free to write us back.