Gridweb: Multiple issues

Hi,

using the latest version of Aspose Gridweb we are facing some old and new problems:

1. When I leave a cell (mouse click or key) gridweb changes the visible area. This issue has previously been logged as
"CELLSNET-44734" and should have been fixed.

2. When I click on a cell (e.g. D8) the formatted text changes to its HTML source although EnableAjax is set to true and ViewState is enabled. This issue has previously been logged as "CELLSNET-44326" and should have been fixed.

3. When I change the value of a cell the OnCellUpdatedClientFunction (clientUpdate) is not called. This is a new issue.

How can it be, that the previously fixed issues are now appearing again? This is very annoying!

I hope the issues will be fixed soon as we need a fix very urgent.

Attached you find the sample project.

Thanks,

Birgit

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

1. When I leave a cell (mouse click or key) gridweb changes the visible area. This issue has previously been logged as “CELLSNET-44734” and should have been fixed.

Here is the update for this issue

added scrollToInvalidate in acwmain.js.
(when do validation, it will scroll and bring the first invalidate cell into view. default is true.)

You can set it to false, then it will not change the visible area.

So you need to set scrollToInvalidate to be false every time when we have acwmain.js updated because the default value is true, so you should set it to false again.

2. When I click on a cell (e.g. D8) the formatted text changes to its HTML source although EnableAjax is set to true and ViewState is enabled. This issue has previously been logged as “CELLSNET-44326” and should have been fixed.
3. When I change the value of a cell the OnCellUpdatedClientFunction (clientUpdate) is not called. This is a new issue.

You should enter correct value, GridWeb will get server response only after all the validation is OK. So here is a workaround, after you set ForceValidation=“False”, things will be normal.

However the client validation needs to be improved. The best way is to validate only on the updated cell and not validate all the cells on the active worksheet.

For example, after you edit on D8, it should only validate D8 and ignore validation of other cells. So we have raised a new feature request for it

• CELLSNET-45140 - Validate updated cells only and ignore validation of other cells

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download the updated acwmain.js file. It will now validate only updated cells so it should fix your issue.

If you want to validate entire worksheet and not just the updated cells, then please set this variable to true.

needValidateall = true

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45140) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.