GridWeb Need Help

Hi,

Well, I am afraid and I think it is the restriction of MS Excel that it cannot render pictures/images in SpreadsheetML (XML Spreadsheet 2003) file. You may confirm it in MS Excel (manually).

So, when you save the file into SpreadsheetML format by GridWeb, it will throw error.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi All,

Thanks a lot,

we can able to hide or unhide the excel column in Gridweb.?

Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Gawaskar N.

Hi,

Yes, you can hide/unhide the column in the worksheet programmatically, see the sample code.

Sample code:

WebWorksheet sheet = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0];
//Set the first column’s width to 0 to hide it
sheet.Cells.SetColumnWidth(0, new Unit(0, UnitType.Point));

Similarly using SetColumnWidth() method you may unhide a column by specifying your desired width.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad... Its working i can able to hide the columns now..Thanks a lot..!

One more clarification, Validation can be done on GridWeb For particular cell (Ex:After loading the Excel Inside the GridWeb particular Cell A5 should be only character if i type number any pop up message should display).?

Is this can be achived in Gridweb?

Please help.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi All,

Please provide the solution as per attached screenshot.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

gawaskar_n:

Hi All,

Please provide the solution as per attached screenshot.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Please see the post as I have already told you the reason for the error:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/102983

Hi,

gawaskar_n:

One more clarification, Validation can be done on GridWeb For particular cell (Ex:After loading the Excel Inside the GridWeb particular Cell A5 should be only character if i type number any pop up message should display).?

Is this can be achived in Gridweb?

I think you may use Custom Validation type of GridWeb control, for reference see the demo:

//Aspx page

You may write your custom function in JavaScript in the way as below e.g

function myvalidation1(source, value)

{

if(isNaN(value))

return true;

else

return false;

}

//.cs file

// Forces validation.

GridWeb1.ForceValidation = true;

WebWorksheets sheets = GridWeb1.WebWorksheets;

WebCells cells = sheets[0].Cells;

// Custom function

WebCell cell = cells["A5"];

cell.CreateValidation(ValidationType.CustomFunction, true);

cell.Validation.ClientValidationFunction = "myvalidation1";

Thank you.

Hi;

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

If you set EnableAJAX=“True” the formula value will be updated after cell value changes.

If you set EnableAJAX=“False” and click the “submit edit result and recalculate all formulas” button which is at the left bottom corner, then the formula value will be updated.

We have checked, Ajax Mode works in all major browsers like IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.

Hi,

We are using the license version upto 10 march 2011.So could you please tell us what is the latest version and what are the changes has been made against to that and location of the updated version.

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi,

There is not much significant changes since March 2011. The Grid controls are same with existing APIs with lots of enhancements and fixes. The latest version of GridWeb is v2.7.12.xxxx that is packaged into the Aspose.Cells for .NET package version v7.3.3:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry420470.aspx

Thank you.

Hi,

Thnaks for your early response!!. As per your suggestion I implimented the code for formula excecute of excel.But it's taking too much time for calculating the values inside the gridweb. I had implimented the ajax enabled code for this. Could you please provide any solution for this.It's very urgent.

Please find attach error message for your reference.

After putting the below code the processing time is faster but autometic formula is not calculating.

pls find the below code :

Grid.WebWorksheets.ImportExcelFile(@"C:\TestOutput.xlsm");

Grid.EnableAJAX = true;

Grid.EnableClientColumnOperations = false;

Grid.EnableClientFreeze = false;

Grid.EnableClientMergeOperations = false;

Grid.EnableClientRowOperations = false;

Grid.EnableStyleDialogbox = false;

Grid.WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas();

could you please suggest us same time what other gridweb parameters needs to be changed ?

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi,

Could you please create a sample project with your template file, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check your issue soon.

Also, please try our latest fix (attached) for GridWeb: v2.7.12.2003

Thank you.

Hi,

Attached herewith the AutomaticFormulaTest project.Please find it and do the needful.As provided latest version aspose dll for .net on previous post but it is also not supporting for automatic formula or somewhere I miss out to set the parameter of gridweb.

Awaitng your early response.

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the project.

I can notice the issue by using your sample project with latest fix/version v2.7.12.2003 (GridWeb) i.e…, Formulas are not updated automatically when I update any value in the related/sources cells in the sheet although the formulas are imported with correct values when we first import your template Excel file to it.I tried it on both Google Chrome and IE browsers but found the issue on both browsers.

We have logged a ticket with an id: “CELLSNET-41194” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for creating a ticket with an id: "CELLSNET-41194" for our issue.

When can i expect this issue will get resolved?

Once this issue gets resolved kindly update at the earliest and provide the latest dll.

Thanks & Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

Please spare us little time (1-2 days) to investigate your issue first. Once we analyze the issue and have some update, we will let you know here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi,

Thnaks !!

We are having some data validation in excel file itself. So after importing the file into aspose gridweb can the data validation would be worked out or not ?

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi,

I am afraid, the feature might be supported i.e…, Data Validation set in a template Excel file will not be of any effect any more when loading the file into GridWeb. Anyways, we may look into this feature. Could you please attach your template Excel file here. We may log a ticket for it as well.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

I ve attached sample template Excel file with data validations on B16 cell (i.e value should not greater than 100). when it comes to gridweb Data Validations in Excel is not working.Please look into it and upgrade this future into Gridweb also…and also the Condition Formatting …Try to achieve this in GridWeb… This help GridWeb can easily done Data Validation and Condition Formatting in future…

Thanks & Regards,
Gawaskar.
Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

As I shared Data Validation set in a template Excel file will not be of any effect any more when loading the Excel file into GridWeb. I have tested your project with latest fix and the Data Validation set on the B16 will not be of any effect when the file is loaded into GridWeb and we start inserting / updating value into that cell..

I have logged a ticket with an id: "CELLSNET-41200" for your issue. We will look into it soon and may support it in future versions though.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.