GridWeb Need Help

Hi All,

Thanks!!!

please suggest on this…

after importing the excel in GridWeb. A1 cell should accept values between 1 to 10. if i change the value as 15 in A1 cell. Validation for the particular cell should change color as Red border, and the pointer should placed on particular cell A1…
Kindly advice on this pls…

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

If you need to add data validation in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb, I think you may avail custom data validation and create your own JavaScript code on the client side (in your .aspx page) for your desired needs.
Please see the demo for reference (you may update the custom client side validation function “myvalidation1” accordingly that is applied on C13 cell for your needs):

Thank you.

Hi All,

Kindly update on this ticket CELLSNET-41200” . Is this ticket upgraded on latest dll which u have updated on 22 Nov 2012.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

We have fixed the issues logged as CELLSNET-41200 and added validation support as per your needs.

Please download and try this fix:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.13.2001
and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks a great help !!.

After being implemented the latest dll , The automatic formula is working through aspose as expected. but still the conditional formating of data validation at excel level after importing to gridweb is not working.Please help us.

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi,

Well, we only fixed and added support for automatic formula calculations and data validations in this fix.

For conditional formatting, it is a different and complex feature which is neither logged nor supported at the moment. We request you to kindly create a new thread for conditional formatting feature with sample files, code and other details, we will check it, log it and reply your there.

Thank you.

Hi All,

Kindly advice on this issue.

we are facing problem in placing GridWeb inside the updatepanel.Once it's implimented then we are not able to edit the any cell of the gridweb.

Awaiting your quick response.

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi,

Please create a sample project, zip it and post it here using our latest version of the control i.e. v2.7.13.xxxx, you may get it installing our latest Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.4 package via its MSI Installer from Downloads section. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi All,

We have created sample templete with latest dll which you have given. we can't able to edit the cell once the tab's is changed inside Gridweb.we have placed gridweb inside updatepanel.

Kindly review and update at the earliest.

Regards,

Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project to show the issue.

I have tested your case and I can find the issue as you have mentioned. The GridWeb inside the UpdatePanel is not editable, we cannot edit any cell’s data/value.

I have logged a ticket with an id: “CELLSNET-41217” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please download and try the new fix: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb V2.7.13.2002

We have now added support for a scenario usage of your issue logged.

Now you can use setActiveTab in client js file like this:

//get gridweb instance by id

var gridwebins = gridwebinstance.get(“TestGrd”);

// setActiveTab , parameter is tabindex usually start at 0

gridwebins.setActiveTab(1);

Please notice that the tab will not change until all the validation fields are ok.

We have also attached the sample aspx files for your reference.

Thanks a lot. !!!

Could you please help us the below mentioned point.

How can I get to know that how many columns are bound with aspose gridweb at serverside code ?

Regards,

Gawaskar

Hi Team,

Thanks a lot for sharing the latest dll and sample code file.

Kindly re-frame the sample code files according to our understandings.

we are using Tab Container inside that we are binding the GridWeb sheet by sheet by clicking each tab particular sheet 'll be bind.we have used tab container inside the update panel after changing tab1 to tab2 still we are facing the issue.we cant able to edit cells inside Gridweb.

we dont want the input button type…we have given u the code with tab Container, which is place inside update panel.

Thanks & Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Below is the ajax toolkit tab panel usage: just same way as button click

<script type=“text/javascript”>

function Button5_onclick()

{

var gridwebins = gridwebinstance.get("TestGrd");

gridwebins.setActiveTab(1);

}

function Button6_onclick()

{

gridwebins.setActiveTab(2);

}

function Button7_onclick()

{

gridwebins.setActiveTab(19);

}

</script>

<cc1:TabContainer runat="server" ID="MainTabContainer" Height="50px"

ActiveTabIndex="2"

Width="835px" >

<cc1:TabPanel runat="server" ID="TabPanel2" HeaderText="Tab1" OnClientClick="Button4_onclick" >

<ContentTemplate>

</ContentTemplate>

</cc1:TabPanel>

<cc1:TabPanel runat="server" ID="TabPanel3" HeaderText="Tab2" OnClientClick="Button5_onclick">

<ContentTemplate>

</ContentTemplate>

<cc1:TabPanel runat="server" ID="TabPanel4" HeaderText="Tab3" OnClientClick="Button6_onclick">

<ContentTemplate>

</ContentTemplate>

</cc1:TabContainer>

Besides, you can use gridwebins.validateAll() to check whether all fields validations are ok.

Hi All,

Thanks for posting code for Tab.

Its working good when i click on Tab1 Tab2 Tab3 but, inside the Gridweb Sheet it is not changing according to the Tab selected…(i.e) if i click Tab3 i need to display sheet3 in book1.xls file.

Kindly advice on this pls.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for your great help!

But unfortunately to say , Every time the page is post back while clicking on each Tab Container and its always makes ActiveIndexSheet is 0 and so that our otherb business requirement method not executing… To avoid this post back Kindly suggest on this issue.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

gawaskar_n:
Hi,

Thanks for your great help!

But unfortunately to say , Every time the page is post back while clicking on each Tab Container and its always makes ActiveIndexSheet is 0 and so that our otherb business requirement method not executing.. To avoid this post back Kindly suggest on this issue.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

We will look into your issue relating to ActiveIndexSheet problem and help or advise you asap.

Hi,

Please first set onsheettabclick=“MainTabContainer_ActiveTabChanged” in your aspx script and then use TestGrd.ActiveSheetIndex in your code.

For server side event notify, you can use onsheettabclick, please see the following picture for your reference.

In
DataProcess.aspx you will have

<acw:GridWeb ……..

onsheettabclick="MainTabContainer_ActiveTabChanged" >

</acw:GridWeb>

In DataProcess.aspx.cs you will have

protected void MainTabContainer_ActiveTabChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

//System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("TestGrd.ActiveSheetIndex is:" + TestGrd.ActiveSheetIndex);

//TODO here goes your business logic

}

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the code. As per our requirement we’ll hide all the sheet Tab in Gridweb and accordingly by clicking on each Tab Container particular activesheetindex sheet should be display on GridWeb. while displaying this using update panel ajax we cant able to edit the cells.

We are not using onsheettabclick event, bcos initial level we are hiding all the sheet and displaying ly particular sheet while clicking on Tab 1 Tab 2 etc.

<acw:GridWeb
………

onsheettabclick="MainTabContainer_ActiveTabChanged" >

</acw:GridWeb>

After using OnClientClick event in Tab Container by click each Tab , Every time the page is post back while clicking on each Tab Container and its always makes ActiveIndexSheet is 0 and so that our other business requirement method not executing.. To avoid this post back Kindly suggest on this issue.

Kindly advise how to overcome this situation in Gridweb and reply at the earliest.

Regards,
Gawaskar.

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue is not clear enough. We think above solution should solve your problem.

It is better you explain your issue in detail with screenshots and highlighting them with red circles.

I am not sure, but I think, you just want to show one worksheet and keep all other worksheets hidden.

If you see the above code closely, you will find that when you will click whatever tab, your server side function MainTabContainer_ActiveTabChanged (you can name it anything) will be invoked, here you can find your active worksheet index and you can start working with your active worksheet.

->call setActiveTab in client side -> on server side ,gridweb will perform tab change and render page view->finally gridweb will raise OnSheetTabClick on server side

Inside the OnSheetTabClick, you will write your business logic.

Let us know if you still have any questions. We will be glad to assist you further.