GridWeb: Number format problem on clientside validation

Hi,

we are facing a poblem with the client side validation of a cell with a number format.

I created an excel file with a cell which is formatted as number. Additionaly, I created a validation checking if the cell value ist between 0 and 100. The problem is, that the gridweb only accepts numbers formatted with a dot “.” e.g. 0.01. But in my localization (Germany) the correct value for the cell would be 0,01.

I attached an example. When I open the example in Excel I can enter floating point numbers with a comma to cell A2 but not with a dot. This should be the correct behaviour. When I open the file in a gridweb only the dot is working.

How can I change the client side validation localization?

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and some details.

Well, I am afraid, currently, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control would only accept numbers/data in English (USA) style for data validation applied in the worksheet cells. It does not accept numeric data or DateTime values that conform to other regions/localizations.

Thank you.

Okay. So, when are you planning to support other regions/localizations? As you can see the control is not only used in the USA.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for writing back.

Please note, providing the support for all regions/locales is a complex task therefore we cannot commit a concrete time frame for the implementation. However, we can enhance the GridWeb component for this particular case (German Locale/Number Formatting) and try to provide the implementation in a week or so. We have logged a feature request with Id CELLSNET-44340 for feasibility analysis and tracking. As soon as we have more updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb (.NET) v8.7.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

decimal seperator “,” works now.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for the confirmation. It is good to know that you are up & running again. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44340) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.