GridWeb rendering problems

Hi,

I’m using the Grid Web control (v2.7.7.2000) and I’m encountering some rendering problems which was not present on the previous version.

I point out that I’m working on Internet Explorer 9.

In fact, the first one is that header lines are not the same height as content lines which causes an offset. The second is that long cell content doesn’t fit to the cell.

I attach to you a sample project which show the issue.

Hope you will help me,
Thanks,
Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing a project.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue a bit using our latest fixed version: v2.7.7.2002 (attached), you may try it as well.

We will appreciate and it will be helpful if you could attach some screen shots to point out the issues (first and second), you may encircle with red color to mention the problematic areas for your issues. We will log an issue into our Issue tracking system and try to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

I’ve attached you a capture which illustrate perfectly the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Romain

Hi,

Thanks for the screen shot to point out your issue(s).

We have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40810. We will look into your issue soon. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please download and try the latest fix:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.7.2003
and let us know your feedback.

From your screenshot, we found there are two bugs, for the bug “Line out of alignment” it should be fixed in the latest version as we have tested it.

Probably you forget to replace the latest js file or dll file .

For the second bug “text overflow”, we will fix it later since that bug is not easy to be fixed. Once we have a solution, we will provide it to you.

Hi,

I downloaded the 2.7.7.2003 version of the GridWeb control. However both
of the issues are not fixed. So I still have the same issues even if it’s a little bit better about the bug “Line out of alignement”.

I attach you a screenshot to show you the change.

Best regards,
Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and the screenshot.

We have logged your comments against the issue id: CELLSNET-40810

We will look into it and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb 2.7.8.2006 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I downloaded and integrated the Gridweb new version to my project.

Unfortunatly, I still have the same issue.

I’ve attached your a short video which shows the problem.

In fact, when I open the page, the trouble is almost gone (beginning of the video). When I click on a button which populate the grid with some values, the offset is here again (end of the video).

Thank you,
Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for your video and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

I have checked your issue in our database. It is marked as resolved, so your bug should be fixed now.

Please also provide me your feedback with the latest fix:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.8.2011
at your end.

If problem still occurs, then I will reopen your ticket.

Hi,

Still have the same issue,

I’ve attached again a video which illustrate the problem,

It seems to occur when I set dynamically Gridweb cells with some long values.

Thanks,
Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

As per your video, the issue is still occurring using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.8.2011
, so I have reopened this ticket.

We will soon look into it and fix the problems and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We have looked into your issue. We need your more help to replicate this issue at our end.

Please provide us a sample project reproducing this bug as you have shown in the screenshot2.wmv
using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.8.2011

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

I’ve attached to this post a sample project which replicate the issue.

You just have to click on the button at the bottom of the page just under the gridweb control.

Thanks,
Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.

We have looked into your project and found the error is not occurring on Internet Explorer 9.0.

Please recheck your project and submit the project that could replicate this bug.

See the following screenshot at our end for your reference.

Screenshot:

Thanks for your answer.

I just execute my sample project now with IE9 and I have the same issue.

However when I click on the IE9 compatibily mode toolbar button the rendering is good.

Is it normal that the grid is not compatible with IE9 standards ?

Best regards,
Romain

In addition to that issue, I just notice that the new version of the
gridweb seems to have some problems with javascript. If you execute the
sample project I’ve attached previously you will notice that the onClick
cell doesn’t work properly on colored cells for instance.

That issue did not occur on previous versions of the GridWeb…

Thanks,
Romain.

Hi,

I also tested the issue on IE9.0, it works fine as Shakeel Faiz mentioned in his post above. See the attached screen shots. The first screen shot is taken when loading the page firstly. The second screen shot is taken when clicking on the “Click Here” button.

Also, I could not get any error when I clicked on the colored cells in the sheet.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please take a look at the video I have attached to this post.

First, I am executing the project I have sent to you. Then when the window is opened, I try to click on some various grid cells and as the video shows it does not work very well…

Then, I click on the button under the grid. We can see that there is the rendering issue I am talking about since the begin of this thread. I am also trying to click on various cell and it still does not work fine.

I precise that the project is executed on IE9 as you did.

Thanks,
Romain.

Hi,

We have reviewed your new video, but I am afraid we still could not reproduce the bug. By the way, could you use the latest version 2.7.8.2013 (attached), we checked your acwmain.js file, may be you forgot to replace the file. Please replace all the files in the acw_client folder with the latest ones.

If you still have any issue or confusion, please tell us what is your browser mode and document mode of IE 9

Thanks,