Style for Pivot Table

How do you style a Total column on a pivottable? Please see attached.

Hi,

Thanks for your question and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please also provide us the source xls/xlsx file having your pivot in your desired formatting.

We will look into it and provide you a sample code.

See Grand Total column which has a fill color of gray.

Hi,

Please see the following code. It applies red color to your Pivot.xls file, you can choose any color.

Please see the output xlsx file and the screenshot.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Pivot.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

string yourGrandTotalColumns = “H2:H5”;

Range rng = worksheet.Cells.CreateRange(yourGrandTotalColumns);

StyleFlag flag = new StyleFlag() { CellShading = true };

//Create your style with your desired color

//I will use red color for an example

Style style = workbook.CreateStyle();

style.Pattern = BackgroundType.Solid;

style.ForegroundColor = Color.Red;

rng.ApplyStyle(style, flag);

//Save your workbook

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsx”);

Screenshot:

It does work in the limited example but does not work with a more real-life example.

Additionally, I tried to create it using the Aspose documentation sample for pivot tables and it is throwing an error in Excel saying the pivot table was discarded:

"A PivotTable report on '[book1.xls]Sheet1' was discarded due to integrity problems."

I have attached a project and data file. The project contains 2 methods: Test1 is a straight copy from the Aspose website illustrating the integrity issue. See

Test2 is a real life example showing how the styling does not happen. I see a blink for a sec which may indicate something behind the scenes but it is not appearing on the pivot table.

I have tested with Aspose.Cells v5 and the latest version downloaded yesterday.

Hi,

1) I have tested your Test1() code with our latest fix, it works fine. Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.2.5

2) I have found the issue even I tried different options and techniques for Test2() but all in vain. I have logged a ticket with an id:CELLSNET-40542. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.2.6.

About Test2(), please use this sample code:

C#

Style style = wb.CreateStyle();
style.Pattern = BackgroundType.Solid;
style.BackgroundColor = Color.Gray;
pt.CalculateData();
//rng.ApplyStyle(style, flag);
for (int j = 3; j < 12;j++ )
pt.Format(j, 3, style);

Thanks. I can confirm it is fixed.

- Alan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40542) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.