Unable to save Surface charts as image

Hi,

We want to create excel charts in one of our tool. before purchasing this product, we want to make sure it will be suitable for us. I’m trying some charts using this product and found an issue with SurfaceContour chart type where i’m unable to save the chart as image.

Can you help me resolving this?

Thanks
Sarada

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells product.

Yes, I am afraid, the component does not support to convert Surface charts to image files, see the
“Supported Charts List” table in the document to get complete information which charts are supported and which charts are not yet supported:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/converting-chart-to-image.html

These unsupported chart types would be supported one by one. Also, kindly provide sample file (manually created in MS Excel) in which you need the charts to be supported on priority basis. We will check and try to support them soon.

Thank you.

Are you planning to implement this feature any time soon?

Thanks
Sarada

Hi,

I have logged your feature request into our database with an id: CELLSNET-28962. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update about it, we will let you know about it.

Thank you.

Thanks for considering it.

Hello,

We would like to know the status of this issue, as Surface charts rendering is needed by our product also.

Thank you,
Bogdan Rusu,
IBM Romania.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

I am afraid, rendering of surface chart is still not supported.

I have tested it with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.2.2.5
using the following code.

When the code is run, it throws exception. I have attached the source xlsx file used in this code.

I have also logged the new feature request with my findings in a separate ticket: CELLSNET-40830.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\SurfaceChart.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Chart chart = worksheet.Charts[0];

Bitmap chartImg = chart.ToImage();

chartImg.Save(filePath + “.out.jpg”);