GridWeb row/column grouping feature

Hi Shakeel,

Sorry my previous comment was a bit rash… In fact, I reproduced it by using OnCellClickOnAjax event. Please have a look to the project I have attached. Just build it and then select a random cell. If you try to navigate with key buttons, you will see that nothing happen.

Please let me now if you have the same issue.

Thanks,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for your simplified project and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

I am able to observe this issue partially and not completely. When I run the project the my SampleExcel.xlsx is loaded and I am able to successfully use arrow keys navigation of the cells. And then I click the button Click here, it loads the sheet as shown in the screenshot and arrow keys do not work but when I change the sheet, arrow keys start working. Did I get it right or missing something?

If you could share complete steps of reproducing the issues, then it will be helpful for product team to investigate and fix the issue.

Hi,

You got it. When you press on the Click here button, the SetAllGridWebCellsReadOnly() method is called so every cells in workbook are set to readonly. That’s why it works fine. Please try to comment the SetAllGridWebCellsReadOnly() method as follow :

protected void Unnamed_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string filePath = Server.MapPath("~/W010 - Liasse Locale 99-02_0.xls");

GridWeb1.ImportExcelFile(filePath);
//SetAllGridWebCellsReadOnly();
}

You will see that even if you click on the Click here button it does not work as expected. Key buttons for navigation (arrows and tab) became useless on both of the workbook.

To conclude, when OnCellClickOnAjax/OnCellSelectedAjaxCallBackClientFunction events are used, navigation with key button is impossible from an editable cell.

Please let me know if you understand the issue.

Thank you,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

Thanks once again for your confirmation and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will share it with you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-44104 - Using OnCellClickOnAjax event makes navigation with keys button impossible from editable cell

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you to consider my issues.

I found another issue but I think it is not so different that the previous one. We noticed that using OnCellClickOnAjax event makes navigation with key buttons (tab and arrows) impossible. It seems that the Enter button has a weird behaviour too. Without using OnCellClickOnAjax, Enter button validate the entry and select the next cell. But when we use this event, Enter button performs a carriage return into the cell.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce this issue.

Thank you,

Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for your further information relating to this issue and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

It is the same issue with OnCellClickOnAjax so we have updated the ticket logged earlier with your more description. We will fix this issue and all its repercussions.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

lswe:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Could you please tell me approximatly when will it be released ?

Romain.

We are afraid, we are unable to work on this issue

• CELLSNET-44027 - Support IE10 and IE11 in GridWeb

because of other priority tasks. We will work on it later. Once we will resume our work on it we will update you on this thread by posting.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We have fixed the following issue

• CELLSNET-44104 - Using OnCellClickOnAjax event makes navigation with keys button impossible from editable cell

and will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thank you to keep me in touch about my issues.

However I’m very embarassed because you cannot work on IE10 and IE11 support now. Does it mean that it will be done in a long time ?

Thanks,

Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We have logged your comment in our database for product team consideration. We will look into it and update you. Once, there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We need to do a schedule. Currently we are enhancing some other urgent issues. But surely we will get it done later. Once there is some further update for you, we will let you know. You may also ask us for an update whenever you like. But because of the existing pending priority issues, please spare us at least 4-6 weeks. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.6.2.6 (attached).

We have fixed your issue "CELLSNET-44104" now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44104) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

I just updated my project with the dll you attached in your previous post. However nothing changes for me, I still have the following issue :

Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

I have looked into this issue and found the issue does exist. So I have reopened this issue for re-investigation and a fix.

However, the issue is very confusing. Sometimes, the arrow key works and sometime they don’t. Could you provide exact steps of replicating the issues? It will simplify the investigation of the product team and they will be able to provide fix soon.

Hi,

The project I attached in a previous post shows the issue. I don’t know what else to say. When I use OnCellClickOnAjax, key buttons for navigation does not work. Please tell me what is confusing for you.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Yes, I have already replicated it and reopened this issue.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

For your issue logged as

We have updated your previous sample project in your older post.

Attachment: aspose.zip

with the latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.6.3.5 and updated a code little which now prints the cell name too like this

public String WorksheetCellClickOnAjax(object sender, CellEventArgs e)
{
return “hi !” + e.Cell.Name;
}

and found that your issue is occurring because of FireFox cache, if you delete all the cache or create a new profile in FireFox, you will see it is working fine. In Google Chrome, everything is working fine too.

Please download the updated sample project and try it at your end after clearing the FireFox cache.

Please also check the screenshot and the videos we uploaded for your reference.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

However, I do not use Firefox. As I said you on a previous post, I use IE11 that’s why I asked you to fully support IE10 and IE11…

It’s been a month and a half that you opened the CELLSNET-44104 and I’m still waiting for a fix… and even more for CELLSNET-44065 and CELLSNET-44027.

I hope not wait much longer…

Thanks,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We have logged your comment in all of these three issues for product team consideration and investigation.

• CELLSNET-44065 - GridWeb rows and columns grouping feature
  • CELLSNET-44027 - Support IE10 and IE11 in GridWeb

For your issue CELLSNET-44104, could you please share a video like we shared videos.zip because we are having trouble understanding and replicating this issue. Please delete all the history of IE-10 and 11 and try the latest version Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.6.3.5 to see if it makes any difference.