GridWeb row/column grouping feature

Hi,

I use your gridweb control to display random workbooks in an Asp web page. However some of them contain grouped rows and/or columns. It seems that every grouped rows/columns were displayed collapsed and I cannot find a way in gridweb interface to expand them (Excel contains some plus/minus buttons which do the job).

Could you please help to find or achieve that collapse/expand feature ?

Thank you,

Romain.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing some details.

Well, it might be an unsupported feature in GridWeb control as it may load an Excel template file (having grouped rows/cols etc.) with constant expanded or collapsed manner and you can’t change it visually (it displays the grouped data similar to the way in which the file is saved/created in MS Excel). Anyways, to evaluate your issue properly, we need your sample file. Kindly provide one for our evaluation, we may log a ticket after confirmation.

Thank you.

Thanks for your answer,

I attach to this post the Excel file I load in Gridweb control. You will see that it contains a couple of worksheets with grouped rows like CONTROL, C1, C2, C3, etc. Moreover, you’ll see on the attached screen capture that this issue cause a offset between row header and content which starts to the 27th row and grows until the end of the page.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your source file, screenshot and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

I am unable to find any issue inside your screenshot as well as the screenshot attached by me. The screenshot matches with your source excel file. Could you please highlight the issues with red circles so that we could look into it more closely and precisely and in case of bug log it in our database for a fix. Thanks for your cooperation.

The worksheet showed in your capture does not contains any grouped rows. Please go to “C1” worksheet for exemple and let me know if you are able to expand the grouped rows.

Hi,

Thanks for your good explanation of the issue and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have looked into this issue further and found that this is actually unsupported feature because GridWeb is not working well even the simplest xls and xlsx file containing grouped rows. I have attached two such excel files for a reference.

We have therefore logged a New Feature request for this issue in our database. We will look into it and implement it if possible. Once there is some fix or other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-44065 - GridWeb rows and columns grouping feature

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

I hope you will add this new feature fast. Please let me know when you will have any update about it.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

It seems, this feature was present in previous version and now broken. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Please spare us some time. Once the fix is available for you, we will update you on this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer,

I have another question but not related with the current thread. It seems that with the current version we have to add on the webpage which contains the GridWeb the following meta :

However, this causes a lot of coding limitations because the browser cannot understand new html and css properties.

Is there a way to remove that meta without changing the way Gridweb works?

Thank you.

Romain.

Hi Romain,

We are afraid, this is the limitation of GridWeb so you cannot remove it. However, we will discuss this issue with product team and let you know that if there is a way to remove it or if it can be eliminated in future versions.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your answer,

However this limitation which was not so embarrassing a couple of years ago is now quite important because IE had a lot of improvements since IE8…

I hope you will bring me a solution…

Thank you,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

I have forwarded your comments/concerns to product team. We will update you in next week. If there is some news for you earlier, then we will let you know by posting in this thread.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We will enhance it soon to support IE10 and IE11 and you will not have to use compatibility mode. We have therefore logged your request in our database for investigation and a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-44027 - Support IE10 and IE11 in GridWeb

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Could you please tell me approximatly when will it be released ?

Romain.

Hi Romain,

We have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We are hopeful to complete this task in a week or two. Once this issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know by posting in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

However, it seems that I found another issue. Actually, with GridWeb you are able to navigate with key buttons (arrows and tab) to select a cell. When the selected cell is readonly, navigation with key buttons works fine however when it is editable nothing appends when arrow (or tab) key buttons are pressed.

To reproduce the issue, just open a workbook with GridWeb and select an editable cell. Then press arrow up key button and you will notice that nothing will happened. The expected result : the neighboring top cell has to be selected.

Thank you,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

I was not able to see this navigation issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.2. I loaded the excel file and then pressed arrow keys and it navigated to different cells smoothly. I have attached the sample gridweb project using latest version for your reference.

Please download the project and try it at your end and then modify it as per your illustration of the issue and re-attach it. Also some screenshots highlighting this issue will also be helpful in replicating and fixing this bug. Thanks for your cooperation as always.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. It seems that with the latest version (8.6.2), the bug was fixed.

Romain.

Hi Romain,

Thanks for your comment and sharing a good news with us. :

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest version. Let us know if you encounter any other issue we will like to help you further.