Using GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile(docURL); in IE8 produces an xls file that looks fine when it is opened in Excel.
Switching to Safari (5.1.2), the generated xls file appears to contain a carriage return in each cell. In fact it looks like cells A1 and B1 are empty unless you increase the row height. If you position yourself in either of these 2 cells, you’ll notice that a carriage return (line break) seems to have been added.
I have attached both files.
Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.
Please download and use the latest version:
for GridWeb v220.127.116.112
and let us know your feedback.
If you are using any source files, please also attach them with your post.
Also, it is strange, I have seen your files, there should not be any problem because of client browsers because output file (i.e generated with the SaveToExcelFile method) is generated on the server side.
Please also provide us your complete source code to replicate this issue. We will look into it and help you asap.
I have attached the aspx and cs files used to create the xls in question.
I was not able to run your code because there are some build errors because of telerik controls. Could you please provide a runnable code.
It will also be helpful if you provide us screenshots of your output in IE and Safari and mark the problems with red circles. You can create the sceenshots with Ms-Paint.
We will look into your issue and help you asap.
I have attached some screenshots demonstrating the issue.
I’ll try and get you a simple project later.
Thanks for your project files and screenshots.
As I told earlier, please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v18.104.22.1682
and see if it resolves the problem. Let me know your feedback.
Please provide a simpler project that could be run and replicate the problem.
I have also logged your issue in our database. Development team will look into your issue and fix the problems.
If there is any fix or some update relating to this issue, we will let you know asap.
This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40655.
We have tested your files, but we found that your files do not work well, since that you use a Telerik.Web.UI control and inside the page load event you are loading an Excel file which you have not included in your attachment.
So you should supply us a clean version to reproduce this bug.
Please also note that we do not test Aspose.Cells for GridWeb fully on Safari Web Browser, we only test Aspose.Cells for GridWeb on IE, Firefox, Chrome.