Group data and display group name at top of each section

Hi,

I would like to group data based on a column and then display that group value at the top of each group. I am after an output like the following. I already tried several things, but couldn’t manage to get the following result.
Is it possible to do this with any of the features in Aspose.Cells?

Fruits <- Group name
Name Price <- Column headers
Apple 1.00
Orange 1.50
Banana 0.75

Drinks <- Group name
Name Price <- Column headers
Tea 2.50
Coffee 2.00

Thank you.

@ls911,
It seems that your requirement can be achieved using the following feature of Aspose.Cells.
Using Smart Marker

If your requirement is not fulfilled, you may please perform the task using MS Excel and share the steps with us. We will provide you assistance to achieve the same functionality using Aspose.Cells. Share your template file also for our reference.

Hi Ahsan,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I already tried “Smart Markers”. That does the grouping fine, but I couldn’t display the group column’s value as a “Group header” above each group section. Do you think that is possible to do?

Thank you.

@ls911,
If Smart Markers do not fulfill your requirement, then you may write your own logic to achieve this requirement. However if you get the desired results by any means using MS Excel, then share the exact steps with us for our reference. We will try to assist you to get the same result using Aspose.Cells.

Hi,

I used Smart Markers to do the grouping, etc and then manually adjusted the layout as I needed it to be.
So, it is OK now.

Thank you.

@ls911,
We are glad to know that your requirement is fulfilled. Feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Cells.