Grouping issue in ASPOSE.Cells reporting template

Hi,

We are working on excel reporting through ASPOSE and we have a requirement to group the data based on a specific criteria. For example, we need to generate a "Sales Report" for different sales persons and their orders for a particular period. We just need to display the each Sales Person orders in different groups one below another.

We have atttached the Sample excel template which 'll give you a clear understanding of the requirement.

We are generating the data by replacing the column variables (&=DataSet.ColumnName) with the actual data in the dataset. Please refer to RowNo 12 in the screenshot.

Please let us know if this can be done using Aspose template feature directly or we need to explicitly code for that.

Thanks,
Vikrant

Hi Vikrant,

I am afraid, Aspose.Cells for .NET does not provide such reporting style in smart markers i.e. “display the each Sales Person orders in different groups one below another”. Although it does provide grouping data feature in smart markers but it is more conventional oriented, see the document: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/smart-markers.html

I think you need to explicitly use you own code to mimic the report exactly.

Thank you.