GS1 Datamatrix

Hello,

We are using ASPOSE.barcode to print a GS1 Datamatrix barcode that we have sent off for verification. We were supprised to find out to today that barcode had failed verification and was not a valid GS1 barcode.

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the information. Could you please share the problematic bar code image and the source code that you have used to generate it? We will take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Hi,

I have attached a copy of the label and the gs1 verification document from GS1 US

bellow is the code for generating the barcode image:

private byte[] GenerateImageBinary(Symbology symbologytype, String codetext)
        {
            //- create the bar code builder.
            Aspose.BarCode.License lic = new License();
            lic.SetLicense("Aspose.BarCode.lic");
            Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder();
        <span style="color: green;">//- create the image.</span>
        builder.SymbologyType = symbologytype;
        builder.WideNarrowRatio = 0.3f;
        builder.BackColor = System.Drawing.<span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">Color</span>.White;
        builder.ForeColor = System.Drawing.<span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">Color</span>.Black;
        builder.CodeText = codetext;
        builder.CaptionAbove.Visible = <span style="color: blue;">false</span>;
        builder.CaptionBelow.Visible = <span style="color: blue;">false</span>;
        builder.CodeLocation = <span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">CodeLocation</span>.None;
        System.Drawing.<span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">Image</span> img = builder.BarCodeImage;

<span style="color: green;">//- Convert the image to a byte array.</span>
        System.IO.<span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">MemoryStream</span> ms = <span style="color: blue;">new</span> System.IO.<span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">MemoryStream</span>();
        img.Save(ms, System.Drawing.Imaging.<span style="color: rgb(43, 145, 175);">ImageFormat</span>.Png);
        <span style="color: blue;">byte</span>[] byte_image = ms.ToArray();

<span style="color: green;">//- return the image binary</span>
        <span style="color: blue;">return</span> byte_image;
    }</pre><pre style="background: white; color: black; font-family: Consolas;"> </pre><pre style="background: white; color: black; font-family: Consolas;">The values passed into the function are GS1DataMatrix and <font size="2" face="Helv"><font size="2" face="Helv">(01)08426950511601(17)131027(10)312044-016</font></font><p><font size="1" face="Arial"><font size="1" face="Arial"> </p><font size="1" face="Arial"><font size="1" face="Arial"></font></font></font></font></pre>
Hi Adrien,

Thank you for the additional information. I have logged an investigation under ticket id BARCODENET-33553 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the matter. As soon as any information is shared with me, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We're sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Adrien,

Thank you for your patience. Could you please take verification of the three attached bar code images? This will help us to find the exact problem. Second, these lines are useless in the provided example:

builder.WideNarrowRatio = 0.3f;

builder.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.White;

builder.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black;

The three barcodes all scan as datamatrix text and not GS1Datamatrix. I have attached a barcode that has passed validation for GS1Datamatrix.

This barcode was generated using the bartender software.

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the information. I have passed this information to our development team. As soon as we have made some significant progress, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Hi Adrien,

From the specifics of ticket id BARCODENET-33553, Could you please verify the attached bar code image as earlier? We think that the image won’t pass validation, but we need to read from the report what’s wrong.

This barcode scans as datamatrix text it does not have GS1 codetext prefix please refer to the GS1 website for this. It is rather costly for us to have barcodes verfied as it is $100 dollars per request.

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the information and sorry for the inconvenience you faced. I have passed this information to our development team. Our development team is working to analyze the problem. We will let you know as soon as we have made some significant progress.

Hi Adrien,

It is to update you that our development team has finalized the GS1Datamatrix changes. I have attached the sample bar code image for your reference. So the good news for you is BARCODENET-33553 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for.NET (5.6.0). Which is expected after one or two weeks. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Thanks for the information. Is there an updated ETA on the new version?

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for your inquiry. The release of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.6.0 is expected at the start of the next week. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Is there an updated ETA on the new version?

Hi Adrien,

Thanks
for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that the release is
taking some more time. It is expected at the end of next week. I’m in communication with our development team. It is because
our development has made a lot of changes. They are near to be ready,
but now they are rewriting some existing code because in other case
recognition speed will be bad. We understand that this issue is
important to you. As soon as any possibility to publish the release, I
will be glad to share that with you.

I apologize once again for the wait.

Is there any new update on this?

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to update you that our development team is working hard to deliver the new release of Aspose.BarCode 5.6.0. They have excluded a number of issues just to reduce the gap in the releases. However, sometimes the issues are more complex than we initially estimated. Your issue is still a part of our new release of Aspose.BarCode 5.6.0. It is expected as soon as possible. Please spare us a bit more time.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33553) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.