GS1DataMatrix delivering wrong output

We have a Developer OEM License and are using several Aspose functions from the Total .Net compilation.
Now I have a problem with the Apose.Barcode DLL, since the GS1DataMatrix Barcode doesn´t work anymore. I don´t know since when, but it was working before.

I put an example here:

public Bitmap GetBarcode()
{
BarCodeBuilder barcode = new BarCodeBuilder("(00)123451234512345123", Symbology.GS1DataMatrix);
barcode.CodeLocation = CodeLocation.Below;
barcode.ImageHeight = 324;
barcode.ImageWidth = 244;
barcode.Resolution = new Resolution(300, 300, ResolutionMode.Printer);
barcode.RotationAngleF = 0;
Bitmap bmp = barcode.BarCodeImage;
barcode.Dispose();
return bmp;
}

public string RecognizeBarcode(Bitmap bmp)
{
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(bmp);
while (reader.Read())
{
sb.AppendLine(reader.GetCodeText());
}
return sb.ToString();
}

When creating a barcode bitmap with the GetBarcode Method and afterwards reading it with the RecognizeBarcode Method, I get this result:

è00123451234512345123

instead of:

(00)123451234512345123

The result is not usable (i also tested it with a scanner) and cannot be used as a GS1DataMatrix Code.

When trying the same procedure with Symbology GS1Code128, it works,

Best regards

Stefan Zabicki

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing details.

This is to update you that we have investigated the issue. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36479. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback. We will update you with the feedback once available in this thread.

Furthermore if you modify your code a bit, it will return output: (00)123451234512345123.

Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader objBReader =new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.GS1DataMatrix);

Thank you for the quick reply.

The recognition should work without defining a DecodeType. Normal scanners (like they are being used in production or logistics) have to recognize the decodetype themselves too.

The code snippet just reflects the real scanning situation you would have, using hardware for recognition.

Thank you for looking into the issue, but I can´t use the modified code, since it wouldn´t be generic.

I hope there will be a solution soon, since we have to use an older library, as long as this isn´t solved.

Best regards

Stefan Zabicki

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for writing us back.

The information has been forwarded to product team. They will consider it while working on this issue.

Hello Ikram,

is there any progress in the solution of our problem. We still use an older DLL from Aspose.Barcode where the problem did not exist. We would like to change to actual libraries soon, so we can use the recognition features as well.

Best regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

The issue has been fixed and the fix version will be available at the end of this month in our monthly release. We’ll update you here once the fix version is available for download. In the meanwhile, could you please share with us which older DLL you are using that doesn’t give rise to this issue? This will help us add the regression test for this particular issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-36479) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.