Gujarati docx to pdf

Hi Team -

I have one docx file in Gujarati language while saving that file to PDF the characters are getting changed.

aspose java version: 18.12 (jdk16)
Java version: java8

sample-gujarati.docx (13.5 KB)

sample-gujarati.pdf (50.3 KB)

SS from DOCX

SS from PDF

String source = "sample-gujarati.docx";
String dest = "sample-gujarati.pdf";
Document document = new Document(source);
document.save(dest, SaveFormat.PDF);

Could you please help me with the code.

@kevalpshaip Advanced typography features are used in your document. Advanced typography features are supported by Aspose.Words via Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz package.

<dependency>
	<groupId>com.aspose</groupId>
	<artifactId>aspose-words</artifactId>
	<version>23.11</version>
	<classifier>shaping-harfbuzz-plugin</classifier>
</dependency>

You should install the above package and modify the code as shown below:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in.docx");
doc.getLayoutOptions().setTextShaperFactory(com.aspose.words.shaping.harfbuzz.HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.getInstance());
doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf");

See more about advanced typograph features in the documentation: https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/enable-opentype-features/

@alexey.noskov

Thanks for your prompt response.

The fonts used in the docs are of truetype and the URL you have shared is for opentype.

I have several dependencies on aspose version (18.12) so if you could help me with the solution for version (18.12) would be great. Thanks!

@kevalpshaip I am afraid there is no solution of the problem for 18.12 version of Aspose.Words, since there is no aspose.words.shaping.harfbuzz package available for this version of Aspose.Words. The only solution I can suggest is updating to the newer version and using aspose.words.shaping.harfbuzz package as described above.