Handling Multiple Answer Sheets in One File

Hi gens,
If users scan multiple answer sheets into a single file, such as 50 answer sheets combined into one file (e.g., allScan.jpg), how can these be split into individual sheets? Does Aspose OMR only accept one sheet per file?
FYI, I am going to use Java.
Cheers,

@jamesanvic

Can you please provide more details about the format of the input file and how you intend to process the scanned answer sheets?

Hello, @jamesanvic

At the current moment, Java version supports only single page scans (including .pdf). One template per file.

In .NET version of the library, best practice would be to create a Barcode\QR element with an encoded value.
For multipage templates, it can store a number of a page.
For personalized template, it can store identification - Example

Hi @nikita.korobeynikov

Thanks for your reply. It sounds pdf format works in Java but only one sheet per file.
(Please correct me if I am wrong)

Cheers,

Hi @Professionalize.Discourse

I am going to use my existing OMR sheet which used to be processed by OpenCV library.
Once I create template .omr file - I have another question, how to create omr file using existing image ?. this should be handled separately as I don’t want this thread complicated, anyway - I will simply process the answer sheets as a normal use case. However, multiple answer sheets can be scanned in an one file.
Hence, I was wondering if OMR library (Java) can digest one chunk file including multiple answer sheets such as 50 sheets or do I need to break down into a group of individual answer sheet files.

P.S> I don’t know why my account name has changed but the above question was from me :slight_smile:

@jamesanvictoria

We are checking it and will get back to you shortly.

Hello, @jamesanvictoria

Can you share a sample of your template and multiple answer sheets scanned in one file?

Hi @nikita.korobeynikov

Template : For TT6 TT8 JMSS VSSE.pdf (1.1 MB)

Multiple Answer Sheets : PC TT6 T7.pdf (6.0 MB)

Thanks and please let me know if you need more info on my end.

Cheers,

At the current moment, there is no support for .pdf or multipage scans (like in your example) in Aspose OMR for Java.

This is supported in Aspose OMR for .NET.

For Java, I can recommend using another library to convert multipage .pdf into collection of images, like Aspose.PDF for Java and use resulting images in OMR library.
Example