Handling of .eps file format and loss of content from title page of presentations

Hi,

We are using Aspose Total for one of our use cases where we are required to merge the files which have .eps extension and presentations (.ppt/.pptx)

We are facing below challenges:

1. .eps files are not being supported for merging
  2. We have observed loss of content from the title page in case of presentations (.ppt/.pptx)

Is there a possibility to provide a fix for above stated points in your upcoming release? Please be noted that we have already started the process of procuring the license for Aspose total and above two points are crucial for our development.

Thanks,
Radhika

@radhika.gupta,

I have observed your requirement and like to share that Aspose.Slides supports only working with PowerPoint presentation files and merging such files. There is no mechanism for merging EPS files with PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) files. For your following point:

I request you to please provide working sample code along with source presentation files and generated output with issue. I will investigate the issue further on our end to help you out.

Hi,

In our use case, we are trying to merge PowerPoint slides and EPS files into single word file (.docx). We are not trying to merge these files together.

Thanks,
Radhika

Please find below the sample code and attached input and output files for PowerPoint files.

if (Path.GetExtension(sourceDocumentName).Equals(".pptx"))
{
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(sourceDocumentName);
presentation.Save(sourceDocumentDirectory + “PresentationDocument.pdf”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

var pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PresentationDocument.pdf");
        pdfDocument.Save(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PptxToPDFDocument.doc", Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.Doc);
        Document sourceDocument = new Document(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PptxToPDFDocument.doc");
        sourceDocument.FirstSection.PageSetup.SectionStart = SectionStart.NewPage;
        combinedDocument.AppendDocument(sourceDocument, formatMode);
      }

if (Path.GetExtension(sourceDocumentName).Equals(".ppt"))
      {
        Presentation presentation = new Presentation(sourceDocumentName);
        presentation.Save(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PPTDocument.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

var pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PptDocument.pdf");
        pdfDocument.Save(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PptToPDFDocument.doc", Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.Doc);
        Document sourceDocument = new Document(sourceDocumentDirectory + "PptToPDFDocument.doc");
        sourceDocument.FirstSection.PageSetup.SectionStart = SectionStart.NewPage;
        combinedDocument.AppendDocument(sourceDocument, formatMode);
      }<a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/14066">PPT-PPTX problem.zip</a> (793.4 KB)

Please find below the code and input/output files for EPS file problem:
try
{
if (Path.GetExtension(sourceDocumentName).Equals(".eps"))
{
using (var image = Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(sourceDocumentName))
{
// save in different formats
image.Save(sourceDocumentDirectory + “output.tiff”,
new Aspose.Imaging.ImageOptions.TiffOptions(TiffExpectedFormat.Default));
}
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Console.WriteLine(“Could not load .EPSI image”);
}IMG_26042018_172406_0.png (20.3 KB)

@radhika.gupta,

Thank you for sharing the sample code and information image with us. From sample code, it is evident that you are using Aspose.Imaging rather than Aspose.Slides. I request you to please share the .EPS image used on your end that is causing issue so that we may investigate that further.

EPS.zip (597.7 KB)

Not sure what is implied here. Could you explain further?

@radhika.gupta,

I request you to please be patient. We are going to share Aspose.Imaging for .NET 18.4 by weekend or early next week. It shall have support for EPS file format. I suggest you to please try using that once it is available online and report to us if there is any issue.

@mudassir.fayyaz:

Thanks, will try and revert if required.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Hi,

any update on this issue?

Thanks,
Radhika

@radhika.gupta,

I suggest you to please try sample code given in documentation article, Support for EPS Format using Aspose.Imaging for .NET 18.4. I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

I am attaching the EPS files which we are trying to handle. These are still not being supported, could you please tell me why?

Thanks,
RadhikaEPS1.zip (1.8 MB)
EPS2.zip (1.3 MB)

@radhika.gupta,

I have worked with the source file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID IMAGINGNET-2981 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed. We will share good news with you soon.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

Hello, any updates on this issue? We are approaching our release timeline soon, that’s why any support on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Radhika

@radhika.gupta,

I have verified issue status from our issue tracking system and regret to inform that issue is still unresolved. Can you please share exception details and environment details with us so that we may further investigate to help you out.

@radhika.gupta,

I like to inform that we have investigated issue on our end. Can you please clarify the exception and environment, because we could not reproduce the issue. For us just nothing happen, because
there is not raster preview part in the attached samples. Perhaps, there is misunderstanding of the fact, that we’ve added export of EPS raster preview feature only.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGNET-2981) have been fixed in this update.