Hard Limits for PDf to Image conversion

Hello,

I’m using JpegDevice (Aspose.Pdf 9.7) to convert PDF pages into images. I dicovered, that the resulting images sometimes have a limitation of 4200 px width / height, regarless which Resolution I use.

Can you confirm this limit, or any other limit?

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid I have tested the scenario with a sample PDF document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.7.0 and unable to replicate the issue. Please share your sample PDF document causing the issue, so we will test the scenario and provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hello,

please find the attached PDF. I did a test with multiple resolution settings (72, 150, 300, 400, 500, 600) on a 32 bit environment.

The 500 dpi conversion resulted in a 3500x3188 px sized jpg whereas the 400 dpi conversion returned a 5600x5101 px sized jpg.

The results are somewhat unpredictable.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the source PDF document. I have tested the scenario over Win 7 64 bit and unable to replicate the issue. I will test on a 32 bit OS and will update you my findings as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

You may compile your test project to run in x86 mode. This is what i’ve done.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your additional information. I am afraid I am unable to replicate issue on both project in x86 mode on 64 bit OS and 32 bit OS(Win XP) even I have tried with 5600x5800. Aspose.Pdf has no limit on image size in PDF to image conversion, it all depends upon your system resources. Please try on some other system share the results, I am afraid we can not investigate the issue without reproducing it.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your effort.

You ar saying it all depends on system resources. Does this mean, if there is i.e. low memory, the conversion would return an smaller image than if there is enough system memory, rather then throwing an OutOfMemoryException? This may be the reason for the results i’ve got.

Best Regards

bitterlich:

please find the attached PDF. I did a test with multiple resolution settings (72, 150, 300, 400, 500, 600) on a 32 bit environment.

The 500 dpi conversion resulted in a 3500x3188 px sized jpg whereas the 400 dpi conversion returned a 5600x5101 px sized jpg.
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the PDF to Image conversion scenario while setting different values for Resolution object and following are my observations.

• Setting 300 as Resolution value, the dimensions of resultant image are 4200 x 3826
  • Setting 400 as Resolution value, the dimensions of resultant image are 5600 X 5101
  • Setting 500 as Resolution value, the dimensions of resultant image are 3500 X 3188

For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-37733 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.