Header and Footer in summary

Hello!

I am using Jaspersoft iReport Designer 5.0.1 and have created a document with our companys Header and Footer. The summary band is used for attachments that are seperate documents and mustn’t have a header or footer. (“Summary with Page Header and Footer” is disabled.)

When I create a pdf or “normal” word document, everything is fine. But if I use Aspose to create the document, the Header and Footer are on all pages.

Is this a bug or question of configuration? I didn’t find a solution for this problem yet.

Thanks in advance,
Monika

Hi Monika,

Thanks for your inquiry.

In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v1.8.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please attach your jrxml files along with datasource as xml for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hello!

I'm very sorry for the late answer. It took some time to prepare everything.

The IT Team checked the version and made an update. The problem unfortunately still exists. I prepared some files that you'll find as attachment. I hope it works for you properly. If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Monika

Hi Monika,

Thanks for sharing the jrxml files. I have not font ZapfHumnst BT’. I have modified the jrxml files with font name ‘Arial’. I am able to execute all reports but the ‘MasterWithAttachmentTest.jrxml’ generate an empty output in iReports.

Could you please share any necessary steps which you need me to follow to execute your MasterWithAttachmentTest.jrxml file?

Moreover, please share the expected output Pdf file and output documents (generated via Aspose.Words) showing the undesired behaviour.

Hi Tahir!

Sorry for the inconvenience. I tried to replace all fonts by Arial, but must have missed it somewhere. But the font doesn't matter anyway.

If you open the Master Document with iReport and push the Preview button, three parameter prompts should open. The way you fill them depends on where you saved my files.

My path is: D:\Jasper_Templates\R5.0.1\Business\Templates\Aspose

The first prompt asks for the Jasper_Subreport. In my case, that is Aspose/SubreportTest.jasper

The second prompt asks for REPORT_TEMPLATES_DIR. In my case that is D:\Jasper_Templates\R5.0.1\Business\Templates

The third prompt can be ignored in this case, for no images are used.

But this only a preview, so is this what you were asking for? I apologize in advance if my answer doesn't meet your expectation, but I'm actually not part of the IT.

Bye,

Monika

Hi Monika,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I have tested the scenario according to shared detail but unfortunately I am getting empty report by using iReport. I am using iReport Designer 4.7.0. I will setup the iReport Designer 5.0.1 at my side will test the scenario again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Monika,

Thanks for your patience. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSJSP-108 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.